Bull's Swollen Balls

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I got a bull whose whole sack from top to bottom is swollen and was wondering if yall had any ideas what it could be? Going to catch him in the next day or two and visually check him out a little better. Didn't see and thing that looked like snake bite, thorns or any thing like that just when driving by him.

Depending on how long his scrotum is or how good the attachment is it is a posibility that he either got stepped on while lying down or step on himself in the process of getting up.

Going to give him a couple days and see if the swelling goes down. Its not slowing him down any. I need to take some bulls to get tested any ways, including him, so I will let the vet check it out too while he's there.

Going to keep and eye on him. Have had them start stepping on their sheath before but not their sack. Maybe he needs some support... :D ... duct tape?

What a title!
I would try a very, large, bag of frozen peas. That"ll get the swelling down! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)
(ps. be very careful while applying)
:D I am in a very good mood, life"s been good today. :pretty:

I would haul him to town. The odds of him being reproductively viable in the near future are slim with time he MAY become breeding sound again. If he is an extremely valuable bull he may be worth trying to salvage. otherwise get the swelling down and send him to town. I would try banamine or Dex for the swelling as well as a broad spectrum antibiotic.