BULLS STRENGTH

Help Support CattleToday:

Before I clicked the link I was thinking, "Yeah, like F Troop". A more recent one was dinosaurs from the 90s. I wonder if watching that affected algore.......................

A few years ago I had a big red angus bull that would always get excited when hay was being put out. At the time I had a Ford 3910 tractor. I would put a 4x6 bale of hay on the 3pt spear and head out across the pasture toward the hay rings. He would come up behind the tractor and put his head under the bale and lift. He would lift the hay, tractor and me completely up off the ground except for the front wheels. The rear wheels would just be spinning in mid-air until he set it back down. It got to where I would have to lock him up at feeding time. If bulls ever got enough intelligence to understand how much strength they had there would not be a fence or corral that would hold them.

My grandpa has a sim bull that thing was a beast he would stick his head under the bottom strand of barb wire on a 4 strand fence and lift the post out the ground and get out. It became so bad we only had a old farm truck where you ran the cattle up onto the back of the truck this was before everyone started using trailers anyway the bull got on the truck and went crazy knocked the wood sides off the truck and jumped off Grandpa did not appreciate that at all......... We had alot of hamburger for the next 2 years lol

HOSS":363pqs0s said:
A few years ago I had a big red angus bull that would always get excited when hay was being put out. At the time I had a Ford 3910 tractor. I would put a 4x6 bale of hay on the 3pt spear and head out across the pasture toward the hay rings. He would come up behind the tractor and put his head under the bale and lift. He would lift the hay, tractor and me completely up off the ground except for the front wheels. The rear wheels would just be spinning in mid-air until he set it back down. It got to where I would have to lock him up at feeding time. If bulls ever got enough intelligence to understand how much strength they had there would not be a fence or corral that would hold them.

mine does this when i put out with the loader..but hes gentle as a pup otherwise. but dont do any butchering in the pasture with him..that aint good

skyhightree1":1etuu5a1 said:
My grandpa has a sim bull that thing was a beast he would stick his head under the bottom strand of barb wire on a 4 strand fence and lift the post out the ground and get out. It became so bad we only had a old farm truck where you ran the cattle up onto the back of the truck this was before everyone started using trailers anyway the bull got on the truck and went crazy knocked the wood sides off the truck and jumped off Grandpa did not appreciate that at all......... We had alot of hamburger for the next 2 years lol
I knew a guy that had a big charolais bull that had always been hand fed stale loaves of white bread from a local bakery. The bull was literally addicted to the bread. Probably the sugar content. The guy had some hunters on his place that parked a pop-up camper in the pasture to sleep in. They left some bread on the table in the camper and the bull could see and smell the bread. He literally smashed his way into / onto the camper and destroyed it. When he climbed on with his 2,000+ lb weight he fell through the thin plywood flooring which panicked him even more. When they came out of the woods from hunting all that was left of their pop-up camper was a pile of kindling and aluminum. They said the remnants of the camper was over 100 yards away from where they parked it.

skyhightree1":2iymb27b said:
That used to be pretty common with cattle frames on truckbeds--some steel--many wood. Been lots of tore up truck beds because of it too. You could always tell one, 'cause you would see the truck sheetmetal with the tail light housings bent down and back away from the rest of the bed.
Trucks didn't used to sit up as high from the ground as they do today. You could almost step right up into the bed if the tailgate was down.

when i was in school, we watched a gert bull T bone a school bus twice, before it got clear. first hit looked like it knocked it up on 2 wheels...

greybeard":1jnfowbf said:
skyhightree1":1jnfowbf said:
That used to be pretty common with cattle frames on truckbeds--some steel--many wood. Been lots of tore up truck beds because of it too. You could always tell one, 'cause you would see the truck sheetmetal with the tail light housings bent down and back away from the rest of the bed.
Trucks didn't used to sit up as high from the ground as they do today. You could almost step right up into the bed if the tailgate was down.

our incident was on a c 70 cattle truck like an 70's model not just a regular pick up sorry I should have specified

Loading cattle in a half ton pickup with stock sides is one thing from the good ole days I don't miss. I remember one time riding to town with my great uncle, a top hog climbed the side of his and jumped out like it wasn't anything.

Bigfoot":rjk67hh8 said:
Loading cattle in a half ton pickup with stock sides is one thing from the good ole days I don't miss. I remember one time riding to town with my great uncle, a top hog climbed the side of his and jumped out like it wasn't anything.

We had an old Chevy that had a V6 that you almost had to have a fuel truck run along side of you to keep it fueled up.
I remember the first gooseneck trailer I ever saw. I stared at it like a cow at a new gate.

Latest posts