My bulls checking fences

Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm

Reaction score
Somebody finally got the pasture across road from my place leased up turned some corriente heifers in on it I assume open and cycling cause my bulls been pacing the fences today I May have to find me a couple cows to turn loose with him Till all my breds drop calves don't need him tearing out and crossing the road on me

Hot wire a few feet back off the main fence will be cheaper..couple open cows won't make a difference in a day or so.hot wire might not, if his labido gets stronger then he can handle..

Walked outside this morning and I could hear them calling walked down to road with flashlight they are all standing on fence looking toward his pasture. He's defiantly getting moved this morning

cowgal604 said:

Moved him into cow pasture shut the gate and got in truck to go out of town for 2 days got to end of drive way and got a good look at the cows in the pasture across the road they are all about 1/2 starved to death only seen maybe 2 that could or should be breeding the rest look to be knocking on heavens door. Wondering where they got them no barn stickers and no signs of them having had any removed recently. Was gonna take a picture but couldn't bring myself to do it.

DCA farm said:
cowgal604 said:

Moved him into cow pasture shut the gate and got in truck to go out of town for 2 days got to end of drive way and got a good look at the cows in the pasture across the road they are all about 1/2 starved to death only seen maybe 2 that could or should be breeding the rest look to be knocking on heavens door. Wondering where they got them no barn stickers and no signs of them having had any removed recently. Was gonna take a picture but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Omg. Take the pictures. Go get a better look. It's our jobs as farmers to provide health, food and shelter. If they aren't call them out. Do you know the neighbour?

cowgal604 said:
DCA farm said:
cowgal604 said:

Omg. Take the pictures. Go get a better look. It's our jobs as farmers to provide health, food and shelter. If they aren't call them out. Do you know the neighbour?
Oh there is plenty to eat on this pasture 15-20acres that never got cut or grazed this year. I do not know who's cattle they are haven't seen anyone with them just noticed them in the pasture the other day. I've owed some 1/2 starved to death cows but they didn't stay that way long or they were not long on my place

DCA farm said:
cowgal604 said:
DCA farm said:

Oh there is plenty to eat on this pasture 15-20acres that never got cut or grazed this year. I do not know who's cattle they are haven't seen anyone with them just noticed them in the pasture the other day. I've owed some 1/2 starved to death cows but they didn't stay that way long or they were not long on my place

That's true. I have myself as well. Best to not assume it's not a situation being turned around. But I would definitely go get yourself a better look when you head back home. I see lots of interesting cattle this time of year come down from the mountains. This is the time of year to get something cheap at auction.

Latest posts