Bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS":2pbld9ej said:
*Cowgirl*":2pbld9ej said:
Was browsing lsn and saw this "bull"

http://www.golsn.com/listings/farm-livestock/live_stock/44421.html
Is this even a bull?

I was browsing that site earlier today and saw the same add! That is a sho nuff fancy charolais ;-) It looks like a "San Francisco" bull to me.

Hoss - I generally read this site with the chair back on two legs and my feet up on the desk.

Shame on you - you nearly caused me to hurt myself.

I laughed so hard the darned chair nearly tipped over.

:D

Bez>

cattleluvr18":3uttzh0x said:
i refuse to believe that is a bull. thats even a sad lookin cow to me.

Look REEAALL close - there is a teensie tiny scrotum - or perhaps a shadow?

It is a bull. And a fine example of why not every registered animal is worth registering.

Bez>

Somebody from the Charolais association needs to give this person the $1100 so they can find out what member sold that ox in the first place and yank their membership shingle before they can do any more damage.

Brandonm2":480e0b1u said:
Somebody from the Charolais association needs to give this person the $1100 so they can find out what member sold that ox in the first place and yank their membership shingle before they can do any more damage.

Never happen and you know it.

No matter the breed it will never happen and it is too bad - really does not do much for the legit folks out there does it?

Bez>

Yea, the associations don't actually exert that much backbone. The bad part of this is IF this guy buys a good Angus bull, he will improve phenotype, the quality of his retained females, his conception rate (judging by the nuts in that photo), his $$$/pound, and probably even his weaning weights (Chars might beat Angus in lbs 9 times out of 10...but *that bull has to be Mr Number ten) and then he will be telling stories for the next 50 years about how he used to have those sucky Charolais.....and all because somebody would rather sell another $1400 bull that obviously was never quite good enough.

Registered seems to be that word that keeps slapping me in the face. How on earth do you sell something like that? Only way I can see how is if he was a registered bull calf that was just a low-quality pick. Can't believe that anyone would even touch a yearling that looked like that.

Caustic Burno":7d5nbva6 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ROTFLMAO raises small headed calves.

Mike C might be some genetics you would be interested in.

Mike is being awful quiet, you think maybe he sold that bull to them? :lol:

cattleluvr18":afrij7a1 said:
i'm gonna say that is a steer and the neighbor's bull has a small head.

Bez>":3p3cg1va said:
No matter the breed it will never happen and it is too bad - really does not do much for the legit folks out there does it?

Bez>

unless it helps people realize that there are big differences between breeders and multipliers.

I'm intrigued by the "RAISES GOOD SMALL HEADED CALVES" part of the ad for a variety of reasons. First, bless his heart, that bull's head is the biggest part of him. Second, I've never seen a bull "raise" a calf. How does that work? :?

aplusmnt":3r5ffai4 said:
Caustic Burno":3r5ffai4 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ROTFLMAO raises small headed calves.

Mike C might be some genetics you would be interested in.

Mike is being awful quiet, you think maybe he sold that bull to them? :lol:

This is the first time I clicked on this thread. :lol:

Anyone who would advertise an animal with a picture like this is an idiot to begin with. :lol:

McDonalds would love to have that bull. But not for $1100. :lol:

That Charolais is not the cream of the crop he is more like a commercial steer worth his weight in lbs. Dont forget the many great Charolais Bulls out there

Bez>":g9q4yliz said:
cattleluvr18":g9q4yliz said:

Look REEAALL close - there is a teensie tiny scrotum - or perhaps a shadow?

It is a bull. And a fine example of why not every registered animal is worth registering.

Bez>

oh ok, so that isnt a shadow.