Bull pics

Help Support CattleToday:

LaneFarms

Reaction score
Everybody tell me what you think of my Gelbvieh bull.
Junior_005.jpg

Junior_001.jpg

Junior_004.jpg

thats a nice thick butted bull.i like him very much.he is a nice looking bull.nice topline on him.

ive found tailswitch length to be totally unreliable in determining age in my cattle.

Beefy":pjkj68mi said:
ive found tailswitch length to be totally unreliable in determining age in my cattle.

It's not exact down to the month/week for sure but you can dang sure tell a yearling from a 2 year old using it.

He seems to have a reasonably good phenotype for a herd bull, particularly from the rear view, but a straight-on side view would be preferred to make an intelligent comment. My only general comment would be that I think he should be a little more mature if he is two years old.

DOC HARRIS

Let's just say from the looks of your cows he's not going to 'hurt' your herd any, but he is sure not going to be a big improver that I can see.

nortexsook":1ti21zax said:
Let's just say from the looks of your cows he's not going to 'hurt' your herd any, but he is sure not going to be a big improver that I can see.
looks like your finally gett'in in the grove nortex. the kind of honesty thats correct and anit pi$$in every body off

Lane Farms - are you folks in a drought? I'm just wondering why they're grazing on grass that looks shorter than astro-turf. Hope you're not in a bad way for pasture.

purecountry":5cgurhwv said:
Lane Farms - are you folks in a drought? I'm just wondering why they're grazing on grass that looks shorter than astro-turf. Hope you're not in a bad way for pasture.

I wouldn't say we are in a drought, its just been a couple weeks since the last rain. I should have known when I fertilized the rye 2 weeks ago it wouldn't rain.

Latest posts