Bull pic comments wanted

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice heartgirth and real level from his hooks to his pins. Topline is decent and he isn't posty.

+1 on the sheath!

Could use a little help on his primary masculine characteristics.

In our quest to raise our kind of visuall appealing cows we have changed what mother nature intends.

This is a pic from the Aleautian islands. This is what mother nature came up with. so maybe Demetrius really is what we want. LOL.

Just thoughts !

JHH":29n93xqp said:
Pic of bull comments wanted.

Comments??? "SHEESH" - and -" DON'T GET ME STARTED!"

From Horns to Heels - and -Brisket to Butt - this picture should be enlarged, framed, and posted on the Barn Wall as an example of "What you DON'T WANT TO SELECT FOR IN A HERD BULL!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3dgpwt7u said:
JHH":3dgpwt7u said:

From Horns to Heels - and -Brisket to Butt - this picture should be enlarged, framed, and posted on the Barn Wall as an example of "What you DON'T WANT TO SELECT FOR IN A HERD BULL!

DOC HARRIS
Awe, come on Doc. Don't be so hard on the little guy! Someone, somewhere, is using him! Probably dang happy with getting his calves too! :lol: (Food on the table.) Lol

DOC HARRIS":1tmmnhqh said:
JHH":1tmmnhqh said:

DOC HARRIS

What I am saying is this is what nature has selected. So are we really breeding up or are we breeding so they wont survive when all the human race is gone?

Look at us. Most moms use formula, babys are tongue tied and everthing else nowadays. so have we bred out the ability for mom to give milk? I would bet if that's all that was available was moms milk 20% or more new borns would not be here. That was just an example and no real facts just me rambiling so take it how you want.

Are we really doing the right thing.

To be honest I don't remember that there was any feral or wild type cattle that is so beefed up like the bulls in the bulls thread. Maybe these scrub bulls in Australia.

Taurus":2239vsau said:
To be honest I don't remember that there was any feral or wild type cattle that is so beefed up like the bulls in the bulls thread. Maybe these scrub bulls in Australia.

look at the feral bull in Hawaii there not as beefed up but they are better specimen's than the OPs

Nature also doesn't pen animals up and bind them with barbed wire and electric fences, prohibiting their ability to seek forage. Nature doesn't pay by the pound when they run across the scales either. So, we can breed to appease nature or breed to appease the buyer. There seems to be an unending fight between the balance of those two anyway.

I don't talk bad about another person's cattle...but if I did, I'd say that bull is junk. Since I don't, I'll say he could use some improvement. :nod:

EC