Bull Calf with only one Testicle

Help Support CattleToday:

J.R.

Reaction score
Anybody else ever seen this or heard of it? Was weighing a group of Angus bulls and taking scrotal measurements and reached up under to check one of them and he only had half of what he should've had.

J.R.":3k3dr91w said:
Anybody else ever seen this or heard of it? Was weighing a group of Angus bulls and taking scrotal measurements and reached up under to check one of them and he only had half of what he should've had.
ive seen alot of reg holstein bulls like that.although i wouldnt buy a bull like thatbecuse with 1 testical he would have trouble settling alot of cows.mind you im not saying he couldnt breed cows.just that i wouldnt buy a bull like that.

bigbull338":3k5vk9tv said:
J.R.":3k5vk9tv said:
ive seen alot of reg holstein bulls like that.although i wouldnt buy a bull like thatbecuse with 1 testical he would have trouble settling alot of cows.mind you im not saying he couldnt breed cows.just that i wouldnt buy a bull like that.

Cryptochid is what this is called. The other testicle will be up in his abdomen. It is hereditary, and a very undesireable trait. To castrate him you will need to have the vet do surgery. What ever you do, he should NOT be kept for a bull prospect!!

neighbour bought a bunch of steers and they had only taken one nut out of them all talk about ahalf a$$ job eh

glover36":nby0h5nm said:
neighbour bought a bunch of steers and they had only taken one nut out of them all talk about ahalf a$$ job eh

In some circles that isn;t that unusaul of an occurence. Many times it's done intentionally. Makes a heavier "steer" with more muscle. That's the reson a lot of the feedlot placement programs and the local fair require knife cut vs banded

dun

Thats the reason more than a few buyers are hesitant about buying banded steer calves.

Latest posts