Buelingo in the Southeast

Help Support CattleToday:

Take a look at this site, it's one of the largest BueLingo breeders in the US (just like my avitar)

And DOC I would say these are not pets either, but there is nothing wrong with wanting calm cattle that will come to you when you want them to. I tend to mind daily and even talk to them too. (I havent had one answer yet :))
I have 2 new heifers that are coming around after a few days and I can walk around them now without them running into panels or trying to go through a fence. If that is making a pet out of them then I guess I am guilty. I do prefer calm cattle verses the rodeo type for my small farm.

http://www.texaslonghorn.net/buelingo_i ... on=history

they even have a bus painted like their cattle.

Thanks C Holland. I've actually looked at that website after I did a google search for the breed. I'm making a trip up to Ohio pretty soon to pick up a reining mare for a friend of mine so if its not too far out of the way I may be stopping to see some of the mentioned cattle at Barnesville, Ohio. May even bring a couple home. :heart:

Tina, I have seen those cattle at Barnesville when I drive along I-70 and they sure are beautiful grazing on the green hillside in the sunshine. I have no experience with them. If you dont get what you want, another breed that sure makes wonderful, calm, pettable cattle that raise great calves are the British Whites, they are also beautiful grazing against a green hillside (or maybe I am just wishing for a green hillside in this drought--lol), also they make a great picture laying on the snow and you just see the ears and noses and eyes. Good luck in your search.

DOC HARRIS":27cxhi17 said:
And oh by the way DOC, I've always respected your post and I hear what you said your intentions were. But your words didn't come across that way. I belive you need to tip your hat, be a man and apologize to the young lady for the way the words came across in your original post.
Rod - You know - I DID go back and read my original post, and it did sound pretty crappy! And you are right - I do apologize if anyone was offended by that rather childish post of mine. But I do want to stress how important it is to realize that cattle, or any larger-than-I-am animal, can hurt you without batting an eye. I have had it happen to me, and to some friends of mine, and it isn't fun.

And I wasn't directing my remarks to any one except answering the post of Angus Guy - - but it still was uncalled for, and I am rather ashamed for saying some of those things. (But I still wouldn't vote for Hillary for Dog Catcher - or anything else!)

Do you still love me???? :(

DOC HARRIS

Now folks that is a big man. Pride has its place, but most of the time needs to just be put aside.
Great post Doc.

And yes we still love you....

MD

Well, everyone, I've found a herd of Belted Galloway within 20 minutes of my house. I'm going to go check them out sometime this week. An elderly couple tends to them and say they are very docile cattle, but they don't have time to tend to as many as they have so they are selling some bred cows.

I'll post pictures if I have a chance to take any.

Tina, there are black and white striped cattle at a farm on highway 119 just east of Birmingham off of highway 280. There is a farm there with either this breed you want or belted galloways. I'm not sure which they are but they definitely look like this type of cattle.

Strange looking fellas but I'm sure they think they look good..

The Galloways are sorta strange I guess you could say it. They are short legged and kinda look like something between a normal sized cow and a mini cow.

I love them.

Still working on details and financial plans but hopefully I'll have two of the darlings very soon.

IHeartCows":3bm0a901 said:
The Galloways are sorta strange I guess you could say it. They are short legged and kinda look like something between a normal sized cow and a mini cow.

I love them.

Still working on details and financial plans but hopefully I'll have two of the darlings very soon.
Just out of curiosity - just what intentions do you forsee for your "darlings"?? Are they going to be capable of recompensing you for the financial imposition you will be experiencing, - or - is - just . . . having them . . . justification enough??

DOC HARRIS

AlabamaQualityBeef":ic9hhw9y said:
Tina, there are black and white striped cattle at a farm on highway 119 just east of Birmingham off of highway 280. There is a farm there with either this breed you want or belted galloways. I'm not sure which they are but they definitely look like this type of cattle.

Strange looking fellas but I'm sure they think they look good..

The ones in Leeds are Belted Galloways. They are good little cows. I don't know the people who own them; but that herd has been there for 20++ years.

Well,I do agree with doc...sorry. Why do people think you can make pets out of these animals.Cows don't care if you are their friend or not. All they want is their feed. And they don't care who or what is in their way they'll get it. Heck this reminds of a friend that WANTS to be a rancher. He bought 5 brangus cows and a brangus bull. Thats what he wanted to do,pet them brush 'em and having them eating out of his hand. Everyone tried to tell him they are not pets.I guess being slammed up against the panels a few times,because he couldn't get their cubes out fast enough taught him something.They are never to be trusted,because you don't know what sets them off a smell, a grasshopper,the wind blowing a sack ,who knows what.
Mine are not pets,but they are fairly calm. I know what they can do. Put 'em in a pen and try to load them. I have one that can tear a steel panel up in 5 secs.,but other than that she's fine.
Good luck to you and be careful !