Brown Recluse

Help Support CattleToday:

At least with the widows you can see them

Hope you get better quickly BHB.

Hookline you want to come eat dinner with me at an EMS conference?

Boogie I hate to break this to you, don't be surprised if that little bite doesn't give you problems for up to a year.
I don't understand the medical reasoning behind it, my elbow and wrist hurt for a year after I got bit.

Gale Seddon":1e574399 said:
BHB, i've never seen one of those spiders that I'm aware of, but all spiders give me the creeps. Does "nipping it out" mean you killed it? Hopefully, your quick trip to the ER will make it easier on you. You said it itched a lot. Is it painful now? Eight pills a day!!!! What antibiotic?

Keep a picture diary and share with us! :hide:

"Nipping it out" means I had right hand snippers and I literally cut the flesh out around the bite. Then I poured peroxide in the hole. I didn't shed a tear but I really aint all that tough (if you know what I mean). You just have to "disconnect" a bit. That part is going to die away anyway - no avoiding it.

Caustic Burno":1e574399 said:
Boogie I hate to break this to you, don't be surprised if that little bite doesn't give you problems for up to a year.
I don't understand the medical reasoning behind it, my elbow and wrist hurt for a year after I got bit.

The joints in my hand are already easing up. They were hurting. Forearm muscles hurt. Biceps were hurting. I would hate to go a whole year with symptoms. Doggone it!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Ya'll be careful. It seems a whole lot of this forum has had experiences that weren't so good.

backhoeboogie":18i6ocm3 said:
Gale Seddon":18i6ocm3 said:
BHB, i've never seen one of those spiders that I'm aware of, but all spiders give me the creeps. Does "nipping it out" mean you killed it? Hopefully, your quick trip to the ER will make it easier on you. You said it itched a lot. Is it painful now? Eight pills a day!!!! What antibiotic?

Keep a picture diary and share with us! :hide:

"Nipping it out" means I had right hand snippers and I literally cut the flesh out around the bite. Then I poured peroxide in the hole. I didn't shed a tear but I really aint all that tough (if you know what I mean). You just have to "disconnect" a bit. That part is going to die away anyway - no avoiding it.

Caustic Burno":18i6ocm3 said:

The joints in my hand are already easing up. They were hurting. Forearm muscles hurt. Biceps were hurting. I would hate to go a whole year with symptoms. Doggone it!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Ya'll be careful. It seems a whole lot of this forum has had experiences that weren't so good.

How are feeling today hammerhead.

Caustic Burno":p592sgvj said:
How are feeling today hammerhead.

There's signs of healing. I may not lose a whole lot more than what I took out immediately after it happened. (really glad I did that even tho the docs weren't happy)Swelling is almost completely gone. A few joints are still sensitive but I don't have to straighten the thumb with the other hand. It hurts to touch the area but as long as it is not bumped, nothing is painful. Keeping the jacket sleeves pulled away from the hand and such.

Hate that this happened. Considering what all I have seen, this is darn lucky and mild. Surely removing that 1/4 inch area that looked like a mosquito bite made a huge difference.

my wife got bitten a few years ago on her calf.
she did not know what bit her and so there was a delay in seeking help.
at least three long hospital stays seperated by months and on one of them we nearly lost her as she had bleeding bowel that her doctor was almost positive was related to the ongoing spider infection battle.

right now things seem to have healed but she has never fully regained her strength. the scar on the original site is about the size of a silver dollar and and is sunk in about 3/8 of an inch and just looks nasty not like a scar but like a patch of dead zombie tissue. at one time you could look in the hole and clearly see the bone in her leg. she went thru some serious pain

I luv herfrds":256lxpg3 said:
At least with the widows you can see them

Hope you get better quickly BHB.

Hookline you want to come eat dinner with me at an EMS conference?
ILH wish I had seen the widow before it bit me, little bugger took me off of my feet for months, what with the blood clots in the leg, and such.

BHB glad to hear you are doing OK, do as the Doc says and take it easy, I know 2011 has been a s**ty year for you from your posts, lets hope 2012 will be a good one. TAKE CARE.

I HATE SPIDERS......

hooknline":tm6b8b0e said:
I should put up a picture of one of those huntsmen spiders we have here.
I've seen all the spiders I need to thanks Hook. Mr Ryder keeps threatening me with sending me one. so thanks but no thanks.

hooknline":2hewjyoq said:
:lol: How ya doing on snakes then?
Love the critters, I used to have two an Indian and an African Python, got their names round the wrong way though, Dylan turned out to be a girl and Alice a boy but hay ho they didn't care I'm sure. Dylan died of old age and Alice a rock in his vivarium fell on his head and killed him... :cry:

Latest posts