Brillion seed drill

Help Support CattleToday:

bgm

Reaction score
I've got a chance to pick up a used brillion seed drill for a good price. Right now I have a Minneapolis Moline drill that I don't like very well. It puts the seed right on top of the ground. I've need got the disks to cut into the soil at all. I am primarally overseeding my pastures.

I've heard good things about Brillion drills, what do you think, would it be good in a overseeding application? It's not the pto driven model.

Or would I be better off looking for a John Deere seed drill? ( I know where there is one of those available too.)

Thanks

Bryan

Seems to me the Brillions are more seeders than drills and designed for clean seedbeds. Unless you are doing a total renovation, I would think a standard no-till drill with a small seed box would be best for overseeding existing pasture especially if it is a little rough. I would love to have a Brillion, and if I got a good price I would get one and use it for seeding new pasture or winter annuals on clean fields.

I've rented a brillion overseeder in the past. It's the PTO driven model. I can buy the ground driven model for what I can twice what I rented the other one for.

The one I rented did a great job on the pasture I used it in. The rest of my pastures are in about the same shape. I was wondering if it would do as well.