breeding problems

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

we have a heifer that we tried to AI but she did not take, so we pastured breed her and we did not have her checked but, we thought she was bred. She has not come in to heat since we took her away from the bull, no of the other cows has tried to ride her and she has not acted like she was in (all gooffy). I am planning on taking her to the vet in a week she has started making a bag but that is it, she is not getting any bigger and if she was not making a bag I would not even think she was bred.
I have been told that sometimes a cow will act like they are IN aand even seem that they are bred but they really are not and they cant be bred. this seems really wierd to me any help or suggestions? anyone else experience something like this? If the vet says she is not bred should we just butcher her or what?
thanks

guest":1y67bu49 said:
we have a heifer that we tried to AI but she did not take, so we pastured breed her and we did not have her checked but, we thought she was bred. She has not come in to heat since we took her away from the bull, no of the other cows has tried to ride her and she has not acted like she was in (all gooffy). I am planning on taking her to the vet in a week she has started making a bag but that is it, she is not getting any bigger and if she was not making a bag I would not even think she was bred.
I have been told that sometimes a cow will act like they are IN aand even seem that they are bred but they really are not and they cant be bred. this seems really wierd to me any help or suggestions? anyone else experience something like this? If the vet says she is not bred should we just butcher her or what?
thanks

No reason to go off half cocked. Wait for the vet to tell you one way or the other. If he/she/it is worth their salt, they'll be able to tell you pretty close to the breeding date, unless she's real close. If she's open, the white, cold, storage compartment sounds like the best bet.

dun