Breeding bull with broken penis

Help Support CattleToday:

Just to update: The Vet says he is done. It's a shame.
Ahhh well, how does the saying go? If you have none, you can't loose any.
Once you wipe the tear from your eyes and he is in the past all will be good. You have plenty of bulls for your needs so you will be his salvage price better off.

Ken

This is a photo I got this morning of a 2019 bull after mounting a cow, I don't see swelling yet, but while having heard about broken penises, I have never seen one myself, could this be the case in this bull?IMG_6182.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6182 (1).jpg
    IMG_6182 (1).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
I'd say it's a corkscrew penis. Can he pull it all the way back in?
Curious...... was it always shaped like that? Or just all of a sudden?
Can they break it that far ahead? I thought a break would be further back.
But what do I know............ either way, like @GoWyo says, corkscrew or broken, his successful breeding days are done.

I'd say it's a corkscrew penis. Can he pull it all the way back in?
Curious...... was it always shaped like that? Or just all of a sudden?
Can they break it that far ahead? I thought a break would be further back.
But what do I know............ either way, like @GoWyo says, corkscrew or broken, his successful breeding days are done.
It does go completely back in. I'm watching for swelling, but pretty sure I'll just have to sell him. I have never heard of corkscrew.

When I purchased him a year ago, I was provided a bse, which appeared normal at that time. Another farming lesson learned.

Had it happen to a good beefmaster bull but I know how it happened. He fell off into a big 36" upturned concrete drain culvert on one of my ponds with his rear legs down in it. I happened to see it happen and ran over with my tractor to pull him out and as I drove up, he got out on his own but the damage had been done. I got about $1400 for him in 2017 I think it was, and I had included a note on the offload ticket "To Kill Pen".

I had that area fenced off but he managed to get thru it just to get another mouthfull of green stuff.. You know how they are.

Latest posts