bred or not

Help Support CattleToday:

charlotte

Reaction score
A friend of ours contacted me today about a cow of his. This cow is due around now, but apparently she was bagging up around the first of March, so he kept a eye on her and nothing ever happend, the last few weeks he noticed that her bag has gone down, and the bull was following her around two days ago. Apparently she's still big & fat. He said he walked the pasture looking for a calf and found nothing, no signs from the rear part of her that she calfed, was at all the feedings, and he checks things out everyday. I'm clueless on what to tell him, i have no idea. What do you all think????

I would sleeve her, rectally.

dun

charlotte":2t6dg47i said:
A friend of ours contacted me today about a cow of his. This cow is due around now, but apparently she was bagging up around the first of March, so he kept a eye on her and nothing ever happend, the last few weeks he noticed that her bag has gone down, and the bull was following her around two days ago. Apparently she's still big & fat. He said he walked the pasture looking for a calf and found nothing, no signs from the rear part of her that she calfed, was at all the feedings, and he checks things out everyday. I'm clueless on what to tell him, i have no idea. What do you all think????

charlotte":2wlrg7wz said:

Is she a first time heifer it's not uncommon for a heifer to bag up and go down. Is he positive when she took (no) unless he had the cow palpated. She could of missed and not be due for a month or two, need to palpate the cow.