braunvieh x beefmaster

Help Support CattleToday:

cleav

Reaction score
has anyone crossed braunvieh with beefmaster. i am thinking of crossing braunvieh cows with black beefmaster bull and then putting black angus on those f1's. could this be a good cross. what kind of mamma cow would the braunvieh x beefmaster make.

cleav
I think that you have a good idea. One of my dad 's oldtime friend's loves his Branvieh bulls and my grandfather says their is nothing better than a Beefmaster.

The only reason I'd use Beefmaster is for added heat tolerance. But heat tolerance is a selling point for Braunvieh breeders.

The only reason I would use Beefmasters is for weight, conformation, milking ability, fertility, hardiness and disposition.

TDR":3aqmi7ap said:
The only reason I would use Beefmasters is for weight, conformation, milking ability, fertility, hardiness and disposition.

You can get that in Braunvieh cattle also. You might stick with them by themselves. ;-)

Scotty

I like the beefmaster, in three years, we had no calving problems, good sale prices at the stockyards, our herd has low birth weights, above 575 wean weights. so why mess up a good thing by crossing, you might try one and see what happens[/list]

i would like to get a black beefmaster bull have any of you used a black beefmaster bull.

cleav":l7hl0ycq said:
i would like to get a black beefmaster bull have any of you used a black beefmaster bull.

cleav

I have a Black beefmaster bull breeding 15 heifers now. If you like, :D I will let you know in the when they drop, He is u1/2 rated, scurred,

thommoos":7b067hkn said:
cleav":7b067hkn said:

cleav

I have a Black beefmaster bull breeding 15 heifers now. If you like, :D I will let you know in the when they drop, He is u1/2 rated, scurred,[/q

i live in ky u now anybody that has black beefmasters in ky or who delivers to ky. if so do they have web sites.

Latest posts