Brand and vet inspection question

Help Support CattleToday:

Luckiamute

Reaction score
I am selling a registered Angus heifer next weekend to an out-of-state buyer. First time I have sold a calf directly to an out-of-state buyer. Usually sell them to in-state buyers. I know in our state and to travel into the state she is going to we need a vet inspection certificate and a brand inspection certificate. Who typically pays for these? Me as the seller? The buyer/new owner? Or is it good to split the costs 50-50? Thanks.

In Washington I always had to pay them. Here in Oregon all the brand inspections on cattle leaving the area that I have witnessed I would say the seller paid. I base that on the fact that the buyer was not present and I have seen the seller writing a check to the brand inspecter.

Ensure that you've complied with your and the destination state DOA's mandates. As SBMF stated as seller you're responsible for doing the paperwork & paying the associated fees.

I am selling a registered Angus heifer next weekend to an out-of-state buyer.
Be aware that you'll need your ducks in a row (DVM exam and respective state's DOA compliance of required paper work) in a timely fashion prior to the targeted shipping date. Especially important as the Covid deal has impacted normal turn around times of Govt institutions.

Latest posts