Brahman Heifer Pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Double J Cattle

Reaction score
100_0036.JPG
This is a purebred Grey Brahman heifer. She is around eleven months and I will keep her as a replacement. Tell me what you think of her.

she looks so sad... :(

of course all brahmas do with those ears.

I love these animals...wish I new more about them. Wish I could make an intelligent comment about them...other than I think they look really, really nice...for what that's worth...

Alice

she looks pretty good to me. how much does she weigh? i thought the reason no one posts brahman pics on here is because they all run away from people. (jk!)

that heifers got bigger ears than my hound...I dont know squat about brahmans though...might need to get me a few of them :) ...I bet they'd love it here considered the county I live in has the highest mean elevation East of the Mississippi :D :roll:

Nice lookin cattle though :)

Interesting looking criter. The only time I see Brahman cattle is in pictures, There are none up here.

mnmt

Good golly...why in the world would anybody...I dont guess I know how to judge these humptydumptys but isn't she a little fineboned?? and thin for a yearling?? Is that the way there suposed to look at taht age??
To each there own i guess..if you like looking at em and as long as they dont ever enter the human food chain its none of my business

as long as you put a good herf. or simmental bull on her i don't see any thing wrong with her the bull wont over come. would'nt breed her back too strait brahman.

I dont plan on breeding her to a Brahman at all. As far as her looking thin of fine boned, well it takes brahmans alot longer to mature. Their just my favorite so I can deal with the few drawbacks to them.

i liked too cross breed them my self but never had much luck keeping the purebreds together in my area of north ala. they would fall apart in winter time around here. i should have went with the herf .cow brahman bull route. have more options with the brahman cow though too change bull breeds

I like her, of course I would. It's funny, your responses on the heifer remind me of those that are directed toward most of the straight Longhorn photos posted. Yes, she does look smaller boned but she should do fine as she matures. :)

I like her. She isn't a show calf persay but she should be a nice replacement. I like brahmans a lot. Of course i would though I have brangus- the best breed in the world! lol

Brahmans do well on our place in the cold frosty weather. will post some photos of my Brahman females when I get a chance. Have a nice polled scurred bull in the photo gallery,his name is dynamite and will do well in the show ring later in the year.
Brahmans are beautiful functional cattle.Cross any breed with them and you will be rewarded.

the cold frosty weather wasnt the problem it was the cold wet that was hard on um, 39 degrees and wet is harder on them than dry temp's in the teens

Latest posts