Brahman calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, unfortunately Brahmans are dumb suckers Been there, done that. Horribly frustrating, I know.

Definately cull the cow.. unless you want to go through this every year. I culled any of mine I had this trouble with, it will make your life a LOT simpler.

Good suggestions you've already been given, I wish I had a "magic" cure for you, but sometimes they'll figure it out, some times they won't.

Best of luck to you.

Rusty2025":3vh9fmkf said:
Milkmaid - I am using a packaged milk substitute that has scour medicine in it, and a bolis for scours. She was fine until yesterday - I mixed some electorlites in her formula - just wondering if that could have caused a reoccurance of the scours.

Not likely. Also, if you're treating scours, you'll need to use an actual antibiotic -- the stuff in the milk replacer bag isn't strong enough to do any good.

I am wondering if she might not need some minerals, eventho the milk stuff is full of different things - she eats dirt, which would make me tend to believe she is definitely missing something.

Try a shot of Bo-Se (selenium/vitamin E) and vitamin B-complex. There's also something called Multimin that you could use instead of Bo-Se at 1mL/100lbs.

Latest posts