Braford cows crossed with simm-angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN,

I stand corrected. After reading everything on the UBB (United Braford Breeders) site, it appears it is correct to call an F1 tigerstripe a Braford. While they say they do allow "flexibility" in the percentage they stop short of saying that a certified F1 can be registered as a Braford. But I have concluded, from what they say, that if I were to run a registered Braford bull on my certified f1 females I could be considered a registered Braford breeder through upbreeding, eventhough I'm not achieving the traditional 5/8-3/8 mix. They are also adamant about the fact that a Braford bull is NOT a terminal sire.

Now I'm thinking long term, if I expand my F1 herd I can run my registered Angus bull on some for the cow/calf operation, and put a registered Braford bull on some for a registered operation. And all this with basically the same herd of cows. how does this sound???

CJ

Well i wasnt trying to correct you as much as i was trying to explain myself.but your plan sounds good to me.i quit raising brafords a few year ago to much aggravation in my area to aquire good brahmans. never registerd any to me a 50/50 cross is the best and once you get em you have to keep making em my supply couldnt meet my own demand so to speak :hat:

I HAVE SOME BRAUNVIEH COWS WHAT WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE OF BULLS FOR THEM SIMM OR SIMMANGUS. AND WHY. I THINK A SIMM X BRAUNVIEH WOULD MAKE A GREAT COW. HAS ANYBODY CROSSED WITH BRAUNVIEH AND HOW DID THEY LIKE THEM. I WOULD LIKE TO USE BEEFMASTERS BUT THEY ARE DOCKED TO HARD IN MY PART OF THE COUNTRY.

Latest posts