Boom Pole

Help Support CattleToday:

skyeagle":3fuxu73l said:
I need lift 130#. Does anyone know how far I can extend my Boom pole, and not go over 1000#
of force at the base.

Not even close enough info for someone to respond... ;-)

What is diameter of boom pole? Length of planned extension?

130 lbs is a small amount of weight to worry about unless you're extending the pole 20 or 30 feet and/or your pole is very small in diameter.

On other hand, lift the item, extend pole, if nothing bends, breaks, or tractor doesn't tip over...well, it worked ok...lol.

skyeagle":14z02xhs said:
I need lift 130#. Does anyone know how far I can extend my Boom pole, and not go over 1000#
of force at the base.

Skyeagle, you're really talking in terms of torque since you're applying a rotary motion around the lower connect point. Only thing when you attach the third arm to the boom I would start counting from there. Go 1' from the third arm connect to the pole and you have 130lbs/ft. For each additional ft., add 130lbs/ft. At 7' 6" you should have 1000lbs rotary force. I think! ;-) But then you have the brace that gets involved. Like someone said, not enough info to give an accurate answer.

Your right on the money Cowdirt. The way a mechanic at work figure it I would have 2520# at 90deg's
and about 1700# at 45 deg's Way too mutch for the tractor.
Thats at 14'.

Thanks the
skyeagle

Latest posts