Boise State v. Tenn

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Guess the BSU team figured out which of their guys really bleed blue, after last week. I'm not predicting huge things for BSU this year, but it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

tater74":88ze93d8 said:
I am a BSU grad and pull for them all year long. My hope is that some day the mid-majors will get a fair shake in the bowl games.

It all boils down to strength of schedule. BSU is without a doubt a good football team, but the don't play the kind of schedule any PAC 12, SEC, BIG 10, etc., team plays. Also, BSU is not in the position to join a major conference, while the football program would compete at that level none of the other athletic programs could compete. Hence back to strength of schedule. I think they will have a better chance at a national title with the upcoming four team playoff, but it's still a very, very, very small one.

I don't think it's about fair as much as it's about capability.

tater74":syvcd321 said:
I am a BSU grad and pull for them all year long. My hope is that some day the mid-majors will get a fair shake in the bowl games.

Didn't BSU beat OU one year in the Fiesta bowl?? That was a start. Unfortunately 99% of the time is also the exception. Mid majors should stay in "mid major" bowls unless they simply want their kids to get grossly embarased for profit.

TexasBred":a4z679hx said:
tater74":a4z679hx said:

Didn't BSU beat OU one year in the Fiesta bowl?? That was a start. Unfortunately 99% of the time is also the exception. Mid majors should stay in "mid major" bowls unless they simply want their kids to get grossly embarased for profit.

You mean like Alabama and Utah? I believe that Hawaii was the only "BCS Buseter" that lost.

It is all about money and control.

tater74":zigo4sur said:
TexasBred":zigo4sur said:
tater74":zigo4sur said:

Didn't BSU beat OU one year in the Fiesta bowl?? That was a start. Unfortunately 99% of the time is also the exception. Mid majors should stay in "mid major" bowls unless they simply want their kids to get grossly embBBBarased for profit.

You mean like Alabama and Utah? I believe that Hawaii was the only "BCS Buseter" that lost.

It is all about money and control.
BSU has one of the best collegiate teams in the country, as shown by their win/loss record. Yeah, it would be nice if they could get into a real good situation . . . the other BSU sports programs hold them back. Tater74, you're my new best friend on this topic!

Latest posts