Boise State Joining the Big East ??

Help Support CattleToday:

Makes no sense on so many levels.

Boise wants to be respected as a football school, the Big East is a basketball conference.

How do you think folks back east are going to like staying up until 2 AM watching their team play out west against Boise?

College athletics are out of control. I'd like to see Boise in the Big 12 perhaps.

expensive hobby":1touepqx said:
Kathie- I hope it works out well for Boise State. I'm A Pitt fan and am happy that they have decided to pull out of the Big East and heading to the ACC.

BSU has got to do SOMETHING different -- but I can't figure out Big East either. BSU is not geographically anywhere near "east!" But, what do I know . . . . . BE looks like they may be pulling in 4-6 new teams.

TT: From what I've read, BE is only offering a place to the BSU football team, and none of its other athletic programs. That doesn't seem like a good fit to me. But, what do I know . . . . .

TennesseeTuxedo":1pin9pnd said:
I wish them all the best Kathie but man alive the travel bills are going to be brutal.

Well, I hope bigger brains than mine are at work at BSU while they sort this out, TT and EH. I'm surprised the BSU alumni people/big BSU supporters for any/all the sports programs aren't making a lot of noise (at least, not that I've seen so far). But, what do I know . . . .

Kathie in Thorp":35vb9nb6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":35vb9nb6 said:
I wish them all the best Kathie but man alive the travel bills are going to be brutal.

Well, I hope bigger brains than mine are at work at BSU while they sort this out, TT and EH. I'm surprised the BSU alumni people/big BSU supporters for any/all the sports programs aren't making a lot of noise (at least, not that I've seen so far). But, what do I know . . . .
BS is only using this as a stepping stone to get to a better conference. If they keep winning they wont be there long.

Well, I hope you're right Iso. Like I said, they've gotta do something. So, how did you manage to rub elbows w/ Chris Peterson last weekend? Pokey Allen followed him; he was a great coach and his death was sad and untimely.

Kathie in Thorp":1oh19pfo said:
Well, I hope you're right Iso. Like I said, they've gotta do something. So, how did you manage to rub elbows w/ Chris Peterson last weekend? Pokey Allen followed him; he was a great coach and his death was sad and untimely.
I don't know who Peterson is. I was with Skip Hall, he has done several speaking engagements for my company over the last few years.

Latest posts