Bobcat Compact Tractors - Opinions?

Help Support CattleToday:

UncleLA

Reaction score
I hope to be in a position soon to purchase a 35-50 HP tractor.
I was at the State Fair in Shreveport, LA this past week and visited with a Bobcat dealer.
The Bobcat tractors seem to offer a nice package for a reasonable price. Bobcat is offering some great deals right now on loader packages.
Does anyone have any experience with these compact tractors?
Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hey UncleLA, my wife and kids made the fair while I worked, just couldn't get out of it. I'm in Jena and the simplest choice for me was a mahindra 7520, new. I've had it 4 years and worked it pretty hard. The best price on it was a place close to home, too. I don't know a thing about Bobcat tractors, but I will tell you, give me a make and model that's popular enough the company is making plenty of replacement parts at a reasonable cost. I want the one everyone else has. You eventually will have to work on it, no matter what, and even John Deere makes a lemon every once in awhile. I have a 2040 JD, too, it's great, and I probably won't ever buy a new tractor again. I would be more inclined to buy an older one as a second op machine. That hp range is very popular so it keeps the used prices higher. Good Luck neighbor. Dan.

I think the Bobcat Tractors are actually rebadged Yanmars. Got nothing bad to say about Yanmar, they built several tractors for John Deere.

i dont know anything about bobcat tractors.but i just bought a kubota MX 5100 hydrostatic 4x4 with LA844 loader for $24000.an i dont think you cant beat that price.

Latest posts