Blue paint and wasps

Help Support CattleToday:

I am gonna have to agree. My then 6 yr old daughter would go to the store with me. I loved this store as they did not have the candy isle in one check-out. The line there was full, and we went down another. Needless to say, she started to throw a fit about not having any candy. (The cart had some in it, but that's not the same) I calmly popped her on the backside and told her to quit, she stopped. Well that got the gal behind me reading me my rights. Saying I am scaring her for life, and she will grow up hating me. I remember many times getting the belt, or hearing "Wait till your father gets home". To this day I still respect and fear (not in a bad way) my mother and father. No way in the world would want to cross them. I wasn't beat by any means as a child. And if it was now, I'd more then likely be put on drugs for ADHD, but my parents had a way of getting my "Attention" real quick.
I have to laugh about the piercing in the nose though...makes you want to hook up a bull rope and lead them around. Take away the video games, and put these kids on the other end of an animal's halter. Give them something to care for and love, they will respect you for it later.
(I still remember saving my comic books, but not to read, to pad my backside when I left a gate open and the cows tattled on me)

In the 50's kids (boys) wore there pants half way down their butts. I should say some ofthe kids. That was the cool thing to do. So this new deal isn;t really anything new. I would say that those kids turned out fairly well since they're (we) are all into our 60s and 70s now.

dun

dvcattleco":3sxsblht said:
I am gonna have to agree. My then 6 yr old daughter would go to the store with me. I loved this store as they did not have the candy isle in one check-out. The line there was full, and we went down another. Needless to say, she started to throw a fit about not having any candy. (The cart had some in it, but that's not the same) I calmly popped her on the backside and told her to quit, she stopped. Well that got the gal behind me reading me my rights. Saying I am scaring her for life, and she will grow up hating me. I remember many times getting the belt, or hearing "Wait till your father gets home". To this day I still respect and fear (not in a bad way) my mother and father. No way in the world would want to cross them. I wasn't beat by any means as a child. And if it was now, I'd more then likely be put on drugs for ADHD, but my parents had a way of getting my "Attention" real quick.
I have to laugh about the piercing in the nose though...makes you want to hook up a bull rope and lead them around. Take away the video games, and put these kids on the other end of an animal's halter. Give them something to care for and love, they will respect you for it later.
(I still remember saving my comic books, but not to read, to pad my backside when I left a gate open and the cows tattled on me)

Good for you I raised 5 and they had rather be in room with a grizzly bear than me mad. Funny they all grew up and were not on drugs or in jail you get out of kids what you put into them.
Now I am working on the next generation of rug rats 5 of them currently might have met my match with one grandson that is one hammerheaded boy took after daughter-in-laws side.

Caustic Burno":3b3bhbn2 said:
dvcattleco":3b3bhbn2 said:

Good for you I raised 5 and they had rather be in room with a grizzly bear than me mad. Funny they all grew up and were not on drugs or in jail you get out of kids what you put into them.
Now I am working on the next generation of rug rats 5 of them currently might have met my match with one grandson that is one hammerheaded boy took after daughter-in-laws side.

Yup - but you and Heritage are old farts with a clear definition of what is right and what is wrong.

Unfortunately our society has been re-engineered to suit those who would have us swap wives every couple of years, rather have a new car every three than go to the kids sporting events, worry about the new flat screen TV more than where the kids are and so on.

Unfortunately as well, the kids we raised may be good ones but they too have fallen into the trap and often are not prepared to be a b@stard in their kids eyes when it comes to discipline.

Now-a-days there are far too many who are more willing to be a "friend" to their kids than a parent.

So, you are dinosaurs. I am in that group, and am often thought of as a real bad guy by kids. Funny thing is when the TV left the house 10 years ago I had little faith in it making a difference. IT DID. One of many step I took to maintain control.

You guys parented. Unfortunately too many of our kids are failing in that department. They have fallen into the "kinder and gentler" treatment trap - or perhaps I should say they have fallen for that "crap".

Last boy to come here with metal never came back. All I offered to do was pull it out. :)

I will not change for society - therefore I am doomed to extinction. As are you.

Bez!

Bez!":3dfg42t8 said:
Caustic Burno":3dfg42t8 said:
dvcattleco":3dfg42t8 said:

Yup - but you and Heritage are old farts with a clear definition of what is right and what is wrong.

Unfortunately our society has been re-engineered to suit those who would have us swap wives every couple of years, rather have a new car every three than go to the kids sporting events, worry about the new flat screen TV more than where the kids are and so on.

Unfortunately as well, the kids we raised may be good ones but they too have fallen into the trap and often are not prepared to be a b@stard in their kids eyes when it comes to discipline.

Now-a-days there are far too many who are more willing to be a "friend" to their kids than a parent.

So, you are dinosaurs. I am in that group, and am often thought of as a real bad guy by kids. Funny thing is when the TV left the house 10 years ago I had little faith in it making a difference. IT DID. One of many step I took to maintain control.

You guys parented. Unfortunately too many of our kids are failing in that department. They have fallen into the "kinder and gentler" treatment trap - or perhaps I should say they have fallen for that "crap".

Last boy to come here with metal never came back. All I offered to do was pull it out. :)

I will not change for society - therefore I am doomed to extinction. As are you.

Bez!

I raised 9 boys and 2 girls...I tried to raise them like I was raised...and now my children are raising their kids like I raised them...some of their friends say they are too strict when they make their children answer to them as sir and ma'am...and when they do something wrong...their children get a hand or belt across their rear end...I dont know what the rest of the world thinks about raising their children but I believe I raised my children fine...and I believe they are raising their children fine...my children made me very proud...my twin boys turned 18 and came up to me and said "father...can we have your blessing to join the military?" and at that moment I realized that I had raised them to be great young men in my opinion...I was very pleased with how my children turned out...when they turned 18 they moved out on their own and showed me that they could make it in the world...and the thing I am most proud of is that they never forget where they came from...they're not ashamed that they came from back in the mountains...back where there was only20 kids in the whole Senior Class at the highschool last year...just a small town but they still love being here..they always tell me how glad they are that I did put a few belt marks on their behind when they did stuff wrong because thats the only way they could have learned...children aint going to learn from their parents saying "hey...now dont do that again Johnny"...and how you raise your children will determine a lot of their future...if they are raised crappy then they dont know any better...they dont know what they're supposed to do and what they're not supposed to do

well Bez and Caustic...we might be old farts and old as dinosaurs but I guess im might proud to be an old timer now...society might be able to change some people but I like the old ways of life and that's how ill try to keep it for me and my children and my grandchildren

well Have a good day yall

Latest posts