Blue paint and wasps

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
I heard on the weather channel that neither wasp's or dirt dobbers would build a nest on blue paint.
I never tried it but they acted like it was common knowledge.

Deon,

It's the truth. Mother and father in law built a outdoor gazebo 4 or 5 years ago, and had the ceiling painted a light (sky) blue. No wasps or dirt daubers.

It is also suppose to keep the mud birds (swallows) from building nests under your eaves and porches.

Yeap people been paintin the ceilings of porches sky blue in the south for a longgggg longgggg time....goes back to the days of the plantations. Most of their porch ceilings were painted blue for that reason. Works like an optical illusion to the birds and dirtdobbers

I've never head of that, thats pretty neat... makes sense, too

Well I'll be.... Ya learn something new everyday..

The front stoop on a house I almost bought once had a blue ceiling, and I honestly thought the previous owners were just tacky.. :lol:

This might also explain the nature of the relationship between my dogs and the sage green carpet in the living room.. :oops: :mad:

screw porches, i'm painting all my gates blue! got nailed in the bird finger just yesterdy. what shade of blue?

got a blue gazebo that I built 9 or 10 years ago...mud dobbers been all over it in the summertime...also had to pull 4 bird nests out of it one year...I guess blue paint works for some people but it sure didn't work for me

Beefy":2wzmhunb said:
was it sky blue or aquamarine or navy, cobalt, what?

Yeah, does it matter what shade of blue? I'm ready to paint everything I have that color. My 12 year old grandson nearly wrecked the Polaris 'cause of wasps/dirt dobbers/yellow jackets. The Polaris is green...and it's soon to be blue...

Alice

I would, but he's at that age that he just KNOWS everyone is looking at him...ya' know, that age that self confidence is a little shaky...don't want to make matters worse...

Alice

Alice":2ulfqwia said:
I would, but he's at that age that he just KNOWS everyone is looking at him...ya' know, that age that self confidence is a little shaky...don't want to make matters worse...

Alice

when I went to town the other weekend...I saw younguns walking around with all black on...with their faces painted with chains all over em...I saw kids with pants down to their knees...and I remember when I was young...around 15 or so...girls would get whipped if their dress was almost up to their knees...most dresses went all the way down to the ground...I guess times have changed a lot...but I dont have the time to go out and just drive around the state a lot so it was a shock to me to see how a lot of them dress now...some of the kids I saw couldn't have known everybody was looking at them because I think they'd be plain out embarrassed if they knew how some of them looked

Heritage_Farmboy":1qislugq said:
Alice":1qislugq said:

Alice

when I went to town the other weekend...I saw younguns walking around with all black on...with their faces painted with chains all over em...I saw kids with pants down to their knees...and I remember when I was young...around 15 or so...girls would get whipped if their dress was almost up to their knees...most dresses went all the way down to the ground...I guess times have changed a lot...but I dont have the time to go out and just drive around the state a lot so it was a shock to me to see how a lot of them dress now...some of the kids I saw couldn't have known everybody was looking at them because I think they'd be plain out embarrassed if they knew how some of them looked

the pants (trousers) down around there backsides, started out in prison, it is a sign of disrespect to the authority, so the kids coppied it to show the same. I suppose all generations have something the oldies don't like, but I must say I don't like seeing underpants exposed, I feel sometimes like pulling them up, I did have a go at my Son for wearing them like that but he has grown out of it now, thankfully.

chrisy":2y0i98qp said:
Heritage_Farmboy":2y0i98qp said:
Alice":2y0i98qp said:

Alice

the pants (trousers) down around there backsides, started out in prison, it is a sign of disrespect to the authority, so the kids coppied it to show the same. I suppose all generations have something the oldies don't like, but I must say I don't like seeing underpants exposed, I feel sometimes like pulling them up, I did have a go at my Son for wearing them like that but he has grown out of it now, thankfully.

I took a class on Juvenile Justice in college...we had a guest speaker...a juvie detective. He said the police all love those low ridin' pants on juvie offenders, 'cause when they try to run even old, fat cops can catch them. So much for those brats flippin' off authority...nanny, nanny, boo boo on them.

Alice

nobody wore their pants down to their knees when I was young...they wore them up to their waste and usually put a shirt folded up on their behind because when was got whooped by the old folks...we needed some padding back there :lol: ...I bet if them younguns parents would put a few marks on their behind then they'd start pulling up their pants :D ...wait...unless the congress has done went and made whippin your child a felony offense or something like that :roll:

Heritage_Farmboy":6z39f0f0 said:
nobody wore their pants down to their knees when I was young...they wore them up to their waste and usually put a shirt folded up on their behind because when was got whooped by the old folks...we needed some padding back there :lol: ...I bet if them younguns parents would put a few marks on their behind then they'd start pulling up their pants :D ...wait...unless the congress has done went and made whippin your child a felony offense or something like that :roll:

exactly you can't whip a child now, it is against there civil liberties. what next with this politicaly correct stuff, you as a parent should know how far to go when chastising your child, so as not to become child abuse. :roll:

chrisy":3f5rs6il said:
Heritage_Farmboy":3f5rs6il said:

exactly you can't whip a child now, it is against there civil liberties. what next with this politicaly correct stuff, you as a parent should know how far to go when chastising your child, so as not to become child abuse. :roll:

I dont believe the government should be able to tell people about if they can whip their kids or not...now its another thing if they are beating their kids...and thats not a good thing anyways...cause when you beat yours kids...they'll remember it...and when they get bigger than you...they'll get their chance to do the beating instead...but whipped should be perfectly legal...a belt across the behind only does good...I caught my son drinking some of my whiskey when he was 14 or so and I gave him a pretty good whippin for that and he came back to me about a week later and thanked me for it...said he didn't want to end up an old drunk...but people can even do that today...sometimes telling them to not drink isn't good enough...sometimes you got to let them do the wrong thing and show them what will happen if they do it again...some people say a picture is worth a thousand words...I say a whippin is worth a thousand words also...I didn't have to give him a big speech about drinking...just whipped him when I caught him and he stopped

Latest posts