BLUE HORSE

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
All summer I watched this blue roan stud colt across the road from me --there were 75 horses pastureing there; they would all go for meat later on .So I made a deal ,and got this horse .Pastures were pretty scarse, he was skinny full of worms and a real mustang born in the pasture ,never been around man before ,he'll be 2 in the spring So we brought him home fed him, he had never tasted oats ,but caught on real quick After 2 weeks of just walking around our place we put him in the chute and put a halter on him tied him up for 20 miniutes-he only fought the rope for a couple minutes anyway within an hour he was halter broke an would follow us with no problem easiest horse I ever halter broke pretty smart --gets quieter every day wish I new how to post pictures and shown him 2 weeks ago and now

carl

Do yo know the breeding on him? That type of common sense is normal behavior in the Hancock horses and they are all over up north.

ROAN... THE COLOR EVERYONE WISHES THEY WERE RIDING :D Z

I also love the Blue and Red Roans, as well as the Hancock line.

Is he still a stud or has he been gelded... If he is a stud do yourself a favor and geld him.

Alan

well lord knows his breeding-I'm thinking appalusa judging by his main and tail----your right Alan Im way to old---and cranky to put up with a stud I'll geld him in the spring I'll worm him when it gets a little colder that way I wont reinfest the pasture not to many bugs can live through our winters

carl

Sounds like he will be a great, horse for you to ride and have.

Alan

Do yo know the breeding on him? That type of common sense is normal behavior in the Hancock horses and they are all over up north.

ROAN... THE COLOR EVERYONE WISHES THEY WERE RIDING Z

Hancocks are often roan colored.

I'm thinking appalusa judging by his main and tail

I didn't know appys had tails. Did they just start getting them?
I had a blue hancock filly and she was a good horse.

Our blue roan stud Timberhawk Hancock (Hancocks Blue Boy xLady Lon Hancock) is a certified 100% roan producer. (Hancock Breeders Assn.) Hancocks Blue Boy was also certified 100%.Z

Beef11":qtbal5yy said:
Do you have a picture of your Stud? I am going to geld my Stud prospect.

I can't post pictures with this puter. Sorry. He's listed on allbreedpedigrees.com and if you do a search for Hancocks Blue Boy. it will bring up the Broken Bones Cattle co. and he's a dead ringer for his daddy. He goes nine times to old Joe and thirty-one times to Peter McCue. ROM in roping and three time world show qualifier.

Our red roan horse, Deegan Tomcat, ain't no slouch either. He's won nearly $40,000 in the roping pen. Five times to Joe Hancock and twenty-five times to Peter McCue. He throws about 90% roans.

Both of them are also dern sure made brush country using horses.Z

Latest posts