Blood In Calf's Stool

Help Support CattleToday:

showstick09

Reaction score
I have a bull calf that is 7 1/2 months old. I keep him in a lot because I just weaned him two weeks ago. Yes, curse me for falling behind on my job. For the past couple of days his stool has been a little loose, but this morning I noticed blood in it. The first thing that came into my mind was coccidiosis, but other than the bloody stool he seems so healthy. His appetite is normal, he's playful... or maybe am I judging this all too soon? :help:

That's what mine was. Taking the stool to the vet and getting that answer is probably the first stop.

showstick09":3l12gjn9 said:
I have a bull calf that is 7 1/2 months old. I keep him in a lot because I just weaned him two weeks ago. Yes, curse me for falling behind on my job. For the past couple of days his stool has been a little loose, but this morning I noticed blood in it. The first thing that came into my mind was coccidiosis, but other than the bloody stool he seems so healthy. His appetite is normal, he's playful... or maybe am I judging this all too soon? :help:

7 1/2 months is not all that late for weaning, why would I want to curse you for 'falling behind'? There can be a lot of reasons for a calf having blood in his stool, I would suggest you collect a stool sample and take it to your vet for analysis - then you will know what the reason is. An ounce of prevention..., and all of that happy h.s.! ;-)

Latest posts