Bloat!

Help Support CattleToday:

AKCOLVIN

Reaction score
Hello all.. I have an 5 month old calf that I believe is having a bloat issue. He was a bottle fed and I know they tend to be a little pot bellied but this is beyond that. I've tried everything. The needle, the mineral, the dreaded trocar and even gas-x. Nothing has worked. When I had the trocar in him, all that came out was a green chunky liquid. No air at all and no foam. I don't know what it is or what to do. Anyone had any experience with this or suggestion's? The green junk has me worried!

AKCOLVIN":2d077sxf said:
Hello all.. I have an 5 month old calf that I believe is having a bloat issue. He was a bottle fed and I know they tend to be a little pot bellied but this is beyond that. I've tried everything. The needle, the mineral, the dreaded trocar and even gas-x. Nothing has worked. When I had the trocar in him, all that came out was a green chunky liquid. No air at all and no foam. I don't know what it is or what to do. Anyone had any experience with this or suggestion's? The green junk has me worried!

Have you tried a vet??

His stomach is much more larger than the rest of his body. Left side is bigger than his right. The trocar was in correctly. Left it in for a day. All that came out was gobs of green liquid.

Stomach is really tight and will run from you if you touch his left side. You can rub on him anywhere else you want just not there.

Have you run a hose down him? Tube with some mineral oil and run a hose down him to see if he's got an obstruction. If nothing happens after that, I'm betting he doesn't have bloat.

Latest posts