Blk Angus and Limo

Help Support CattleToday:

303GH

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I heard this is the place to be if your looking for advice on cattle.

Here's the situation:

I'm looking for some quality blk angus and limousines for my Father. One of his brothers has rented out 175 acres to him that can hold 100 heads of cattle according to the city. My Father would like have the majority of the cattle be blk angus the rest limousines. He'd like to start with premium cattle so he doesn't have to work for it later, and would also like them to be very easy (docile) to handle by hand. Easy calving and low maintenance should also be included as a priority.

My question to you all is what farm or ranch has been known and trusted to produce this kind of cattle???

Another thing. if possible all purchases will be cows bearing calf and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks in advance to all advice.

303GH,
In Colorado you can find some great Limousin cattle. The first place I would look is Magness Land and Cattle out of Platteville, CO. The manager of their operation is Wendell Geeslin. I will private message you his phone numbers. If you don't get them post back on this board. They have great cattle and are very well known across the country. You would have a hard time going to any limousin sale and not see the "MAGS" prefix. I just talked to Wendell. He would be very happy to help you. They offer good buyback programs so you will have a place to go with you feeder cattle. I also beleive he could help you find some good Angus cattle to buy. Their cattle will be premium in every sense of the word. Also you shouldn't have to worry about docility with Magness cattle they are very progressive breeders. Think about giving them a try if you need other places to look I will post some more ideas.

Check out Running Creek ranch in Elizabeth, CO. They are progressive Limousin breeders also. PM me if you want phone numbers, etc.

I agree with Franseen, hard to beat Magness.

Another suggestion to you is to start a little smaller than 100 cattle. If you have more room then buy more. You don't want to be overcrowded.

franseen":3ibeiwxi said:
Another suggestion to you is to start a little smaller than 100 cattle. If you have more room then buy more. You don't want to be overcrowded.

This is good stuff.

Latest posts