Blizzard warnings in OK

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Brrr. 35 mph winds, 28 degrees, wind chill of 13. Sleet. Expecting 3-5 inches of snow for this area. I know that's short sleeve weather for some of you, but for here, it's cold. But it's a fast moving storm system. Should be out of here by tomorrow, then back to the 40-50 degree mark.

You guys stay warm and safe.

We've got thick snow flurries here, and the wind is blowing like crazy! I thought we'd head out to my daughter's around 6:00 this evening. I think we'll leave a little earlier... :eek:

You take care, too, Frankie...and Merry Christmas! :D

Alice

Frankie,
Almost makes you kinda ashamed to say anything about our weather doesnt it? With what the folks up north are experiencing.
All this global warming is sure making me shiver!! :lol2:

22 Below here this morning- and 29 Below just up the river..Windchills of -40 to -50...Only up to 14 Below now at noon...
And they say this stuff is moving east and south with the bitter cold to be out of here by Sunday or Monday...
I see ND is under a blizzard warning now- and the entire midwest from Canada to Texas is under some kind of watch or warning.....Either blizzards, freezing rain, or floods
From what I picked up on some other sites- sounds like parts of SD, Nebraska, WY and that area have power poles down and are out of power...

We have a snow depth of about 6 inches now-- but the wind yesterday moved some of it into some decent little drifts- and bared off some areas....If the temp keeps going up like it is supposed to by the end of the weekend- the old girls will be back out grazing...

If the wind would lay, this wouldn't be that bad here. I saw one of those little Japanese trucks get blown sideways on FM 4 just a half hour ago.

Red Bull Breeder":3swceyy3 said:
Well frankies blizzard has made it to Arkansas, don't amount to much looks like a big frost a little windy and cool.

The worst part of the whole thing here was the wind, but we do have about eight inches of snow on the ground this morning. Hard to tell because it blew around so much. It's been years since we had this much snow. 16 degrees this morning, but no wind and the sun is shining. Oklahoma City had 14 inches of snow. That may be a record for them for this time of year. They closed I44 between Lawton and Burkburnett by noon yesterday. Called out the National Guard to rescue stranded motorist on Interstates across the state. We're just not set up for this much snow. We gave the cows some small bales of hay yesterday afternoon, but are going to put out some big bales this morning.

Got some friends around Ok City they will will be having fun. Sun is already out here snow is melting but still windy. Fed the cows in the cedar breaks yesterday just in case. Didn't get bad enough for them to stay as they are back here at the house this morning.

Frankie":x7z4l4xb said:
Red Bull Breeder":x7z4l4xb said:
Well frankies blizzard has made it to Arkansas, don't amount to much looks like a big frost a little windy and cool.

The worst part of the whole thing here was the wind, but we do have about eight inches of snow on the ground this morning. Hard to tell because it blew around so much. It's been years since we had this much snow. 16 degrees this morning, but no wind and the sun is shining. Oklahoma City had 14 inches of snow. That may be a record for them for this time of year. They closed I44 between Lawton and Burkburnett by noon yesterday. Called out the National Guard to rescue stranded motorist on Interstates across the state. We're just not set up for this much snow. We gave the cows some small bales of hay yesterday afternoon, but are going to put out some big bales this morning.

I heard it will last for another day. Stay warm and safe. Please do not sent it up here. We are white enuf, and plenty cold to boot.

My Daughter's flight from Dallas, Tex. was canceled Christmas Day due to weather. We were dissapointed but I told Kathy that no one but Santa was crazy enough to fly in this weather. Merry Christmas to all.
Tom

tom i bet she can get a flight out of dallas sat or sun.gotta remember santa loves flying when the weather is bad.

Latest posts