BLACK CHAROLAIS BULL SALE

Help Support CattleToday:

Talked to this fellow and he has black charolais in Georgia, Alabama, Kansas and in Missouri. Said he just returned from Kansas and Missouri. Was delivering some animals there to some of his long time customers. The ranch in Georgia is Three Trees Ranch. Those bulls in his catalogue look like they would fit into anybodys cattle herd. Angus, you would retain your black hide and gain more frame on your calves. Red angus, you could use both red and black or even white bulls and get whatever calf fits the market in your area. It would be interesting to go to this sale and see the bulls and what kind of money they bring! Sure are some nice bulls char-maine ranching.

Well at least now we know how to knock the A$$ off of a Charolais bull..................Turn him BLACK :lol2: :lol2: :cowboy:

I was quite impressed with the black bulls. In my opinion, they are just as good as alot of white/tan charolais that I have seen. They definately are just as good as alot of black angus that I have seen on this site and from driving around to the different sales this year. Are you a charolais breeder?

billy":1my3u5e1 said:
I was quite impressed with the black bulls. In my opinion, they are just as good as alot of white/tan charolais that I have seen. They definately are just as good as alot of black angus that I have seen on this site and from driving around to the different sales this year. Are you a charolais breeder?

No offense Billy but can you spell SATIRE. With 4 posts under your belt you cannot possibly know how much crap has flown back and forth over "no butt" Angus. I was just being a smarta$$, sorry you took it seriously.

Billy where are you located ? Black is not king in Alberta so they should get the same numbers as blacks in the states do. There were some nice tans in that group and one or two blacks. I found alot to be a lot more finer framed that I would like to see in a bull even at that young of an age.

Let us know if you go what the prices were like. All sales are down because of the drought this year so you may be able to steal a few of them.

Thanks 3wayc I was laughing so my sip of tea went down the wrong pipe .. :help: :lol:

If you read the article on Three Trees Ranch website , about the black charolais, it tells you how it all came about and they never bought out the herd. If they did, there would not be as many or any black bulls in this bull sale if that happened. Sale in a week and a half, could be interesting.Would like to travel up north to alberta but its aways away for me. Have a friend that lives closer and he plans on attending. Will get sale results from him when he returns.

Latest posts