Big Rust Problem!Help!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jhoehndangle

Reaction score
hi there, my family and i are in a family farm together and we need help dealing with rust and a solution.
we have a silage feeder
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en ... 29,r:3,s:0
theres a picture of one. well we use ours for roundbails and there is alot of gunk left over from the bad hay and it is rusting out the bottom of our wagon. I would like to know of any paint/specific paint that you guys have used or any advice for us. thanks for the help and reading!

Short of replacing the bottom or the whole wagon, you could try some POR 15. It is a rust inhibitor that hot rodders use. It's supposed to stop rust and makes a pretty tough surface. I've never used it but I have talked to people that have and the only bad thing I heard was it is messy. After that, if you want a diffrent surface, you could try some of the spray on bed liners.

It would also help a lot to keep the junk cleaned out

BTW, welcome to CT

Either replace the bottom and keep it clean or try the ospho stuff and keep it clean or spray bed liner stuff in it.

Boy if that works you got a winner .I've never found a cure for rust except replace ,but if that stuff holds it'own it could work.then there's$$$$ . a few friends in low places and it might be cheaper to replace

Latest posts