Big Horn Sheep

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I have already said here that there are Big Horn Sheep just up the canyon from me and even on my place from time to time. Drive up the canyon road and most of the time you will see some. Lots of times they are on the road.

So I just hear the other day that a guy who lives up on the other end of the canyon drives through every day for work down here. Back a few months ago when the sheep were rutting he met one on the road. He stopped. The sheep decided he was a rival and took on his pickup. Broke out one headlight and messed up the grill. It was to be expected.

He was driving a Ram pickup.

I like looking at pictures of them, I don't want them around here though!

New pickups of any flavor are getting way too delicate.

TennesseeTuxedo":ac3l8qjg said:
Nesikep":ac3l8qjg said:
I like looking at pictures of them, I don't want them around here though!

New pickups of any flavor are getting way too delicate.

Not sure headlights of any generation PU are up to a head-butt from a Big Horn.
Anything with the old glass headlights and metal grilles certainly wouldn't have as much damage, nor cost as much to fix if there was some

I don't know how many times the ram hit him. But he said that he had in reverse but couldn't back up fast enough and the sheep kept coming after him. I would have liked to been there with a video camera.

Dave":2lz0r03m said:
I don't know how many times the ram hit him. But he said that he had in reverse but couldn't back up fast enough and the sheep kept coming after him. I would have liked to been there with a video camera.
He'd of been ramming the under side of my truck afer the first go around.

True Grit Farms":1vg95649 said:
Dave":1vg95649 said:
He'd of been ramming the under side of my truck afer the first go around.

These sheep are the Game Departments pet project. I think they would let you off easier for killing a person. This is a free range area. You hit a cow, you pay for the cow and fix your own vehicle. I would hate to think what they would do for running down one of their sheep.

True Grit Farms":1qc80om6 said:
Good luck getting the state to pay for damages if it's anything like here with a swamp goat.

The state absolutely would not pay your damages. If the sheep were killed they would most certainly investigate you and attempt to hold you liable for killing the sheep. It wouldn't be as bad as shooting a wolf but close.

Latest posts