Big Cat

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Photo taken near Jacksonville, TX

382641_2303714076892_1370454602_324.jpg

That pic gets around. It was posted by one of my friends on FB yesterday. I've seen one of those cats on my place, kinda makes hunting a little more exciting.

Must be. I got it from one of my friend at FB. My brother claims he has seen one near us. He had his golden retriever eaten to the skeleton a few years back and that's all we can figure that would do that. I think if I saw that pic on my game camera I would be looking over my shoulder a lot.

Isomade":w73mm1vu said:
That pic gets around. It was posted by one of my friends on FB yesterday. I've seen one of those cats on my place, kinda makes hunting a little more exciting.

Better keep an eye on the kids, and or get one big sob dog.

slick4591":yanljgpa said:
Must be. I got it from one of my friend at FB. My brother claims he has seen one near us. He had his golden retriever eaten to the skeleton a few years back and that's all we can figure that would do that. I think if I saw that pic on my game camera I would be looking over my shoulder a lot.

Like every Houston hunter up here see's one behind behind every other tree. They can shoot a possum at 200 yard's but amazingly they can never get a shot at one much less a picture. I have coon and cat hunted this country from the Old and Lost River bottom to the head of the Angelina River. Those hounds ran bobcats all over this country but not once did they ever run or tree a mountain lion. To much TV. As far as the dog goes most likely caught by a pack of yotes.
These deer hunter's see monsters all the time had one come up to the house the other day claiming to have seen a timber wolf. I have game camera's out 365 day's a year on a very large hunting lease I am over and they can never catch a picture of one of the many the hunters see.

Caustic Burno":2aue73y9 said:
slick4591":2aue73y9 said:

Like every Houston hunter up here see's one behind behind every other tree. They can shoot a possum at 200 yard's but amazingly they can never get a shot at one much less a picture. I have coon and cat hunted this country from the Old and Lost River bottom to the head of the Angelina River. Those hounds ran bobcats all over this country but not once did they ever run or tree a mountain lion. To much TV. As far as the dog goes most likely caught by a pack of yotes.
These deer hunter's see monsters all the time had one come up to the house the other day claiming to have seen a timber wolf. I have game camera's out 365 day's a year on a very large hunting lease I am over and they can never catch a picture of one of the many the hunters see.
I agree CB That is a nice photo but it kind of looks photo shop to me. Deer looks too dead and the cats tail kind of hanging low............just saying. Happy Thanksgiving. seeing many ducks?

Kingfisher":3d0nw4ul said:
Caustic Burno":3d0nw4ul said:
slick4591":3d0nw4ul said:

I agree CB That is a nice photo but it kind of looks photo shop to me. Deer looks too dead and the cats tail kind of hanging low............just saying. Happy Thanksgiving. seeing many ducks?

Actually I am not seeing many ducks other than woodies, this cold front might change that and push some more down.

Now that it was mentioned, I looks photoshopped to me also, the cats bite looks wrong. Is the cat dragging the buck by the skin on his neck? Also looks like the cats front feet were photoshopped on the the ground, meaning I think the cat was shopped into the pic and the hunter out of the pic.

Most eyewitnesses around here are split about 50/50 seeing black panthers or the yellow ones like in the picture.

Okay, I'm rolling over on this one. Just saw this same pic on FB that declared it was taken in Bogota, TX. That cat and its kill sure gets around! :lol2:

I saw a black panther climb a palm tree right in the middle of a busy town. Once at the top he lept to the flat roof of a bank building and walked the line then dropped down onto the roof itself. People thought i was crazy. But i know what i saw and it is only 3 miles from a huge state Park.

ga.prime":1eu309w8 said:
Most eyewitnesses around here are split about 50/50 seeing black panthers or the yellow ones like in the picture.

I've never seen a black one always the tan color but I've seen deer look rather black at certain times of the day. I talked to a retired biologist and he admits that they made a mistake palpating the females they turned loose around here with collars on them. Apparantly half of them were bred.

Jogeephus":33x0ao8a said:
ga.prime":33x0ao8a said:

I've never seen a black one always the tan color but I've seen deer look rather black at certain times of the day. I talked to a retired biologist and he admits that they made a mistake palpating the females they turned loose around here with collars on them. Apparantly half of them were bred.

Likewise, I've only seen a yellow one myself. Somebody told me they tracked one of those collared cats all the way into North Carolina.

I forgot the range but it seems like it was in the hundred of miles they can travel. There is an old newpaper clipping in the archives that mentions a man being attacked while fishing on the Alapaha in the 30's(?). They called them catamounts back then.
I haven't seen one in several years but you still here people seeing them from time to time.

We had a guy say one attacked him, a couple years ago around Union Grove, around the Guntersville Dam. Then everyone in the county joined in,saying they saw one. My grand daddy my uncle and myself coon hunted around the Guntersvilleville dam, all our lives and never treed one or never heard one. Never saw one.We hunted by boat,on foot,pop paw on a mule. Now we did tree several Bobcats down there. When you would shine the light on them they would get nervous and jump out. Dogs would take off and tree him again. Would go in and not shine the lights on the cat and get dogs and leave it up there. There are hundreds of acres up there and hundreds of all kinds of hunters, Deer, turkey, duck, rabbit, squirrel,and coon hunters. Now you would think someone would shoot one. If they were here.

Latest posts