Big Butts

Help Support CattleToday:

I would have to say Limis and Charolais for pure breds. Some of the british breeds can hold there own too.

P1000068.jpg

How about this Angus butt? (It's cold and windy here before anybody starts criticizing the scrotal package. See how he's leaning into the wind?)

That Angus looks like it has been a hard winter and not many groceries

Bez

Check out the pics of the Limi bulls, I FINALLY, got up. Its in this forum, they are called Mud on the Bulls. I just brought these bulls in off cows. They still have pretty good butts on em for their size. They will look a bit larger in a month of good grass and feed. I will try to put up some pics of my fullbloods, they really have the butts. It seems that the Limi seedstock breeders seem to forget that butts on their bulls is really what caught the attention of commercial cattlemen in the first place

Yep. Dem babies got back.

Check out this portrait photograph of a Belgian Blue bull. If I'm reading the french caption correctly, he is a four year old 1015 kg animal.

King of all bubble-butts. :shock:

BB-075.jpg

Take care.

P1000107.jpg
Bez, this is just a young bull (2 yrs.) but he hasn't gone lacking for groceries as I think you can see here. It' raining in this pic. :)

Me too. Quiet evening here, and once you've seen that photograph, you can't forget it. ;-) Knew it was a French animal photographer that took it, but that sure doesn't give a person much to go on.

Take care.

If you hadn't said that was a Belgian Blue, I would've guessed it was some sort of geeked up Yorkshire boar. Or barrow, I should say. That is positively freakish. :shock:

The belgian blues and flecks aren't the kinda bull you want in your pasture. Try getting them to breed a group of cows! Stick with a more common breed.

CattleAnnie":3aizb472 said:
Fleckvieh simmental have double muscling as well.

Take care.
Fleckvieh cattle are not known to have double muscling. Big butts do not necessarily mean double muscling.
Limos used to have it quite a lot, but not anymore. It is an undesireable trait. I believe USDA will "no roll" them.
Belgian Blues have double muscling.

Bez, I had agreed on the Angus needing groceries. If he's not thin, than I guess I would like to see more natural thickness & depth. Just my view on the pics. Pics can be very deceiving.

Granted these aren't fancy bulls or grotesque belgian blues, but they're representative of the cows.

comp1.jpg

Latest posts