Big Brother is Watching.

Help Support CattleToday:

Last year I spent an hour on the phone with the county tax collectors office and they had my properties on google earth and were asking me detailed information like what that red thing next to my chute was and is that gravel that you added to the road? :mad: We have to pay supplemental taxes on improvements and business equipment here. I'm fairly honest with them as I've heard a few horror stories but I did learn my lesson and now everything gets barn stored... It keeps the thieves at bay.

cow pollinater":2gusyacl said:
Last year I spent an hour on the phone with the county tax collectors office and they had my properties on google earth and were asking me detailed information like what that red thing next to my chute was and is that gravel that you added to the road? :mad: We have to pay supplemental taxes on improvements and business equipment here. I'm fairly honest with them as I've heard a few horror stories but I did learn my lesson and now everything gets barn stored... It keeps the thieves at bay.

Most of those satellite shots are outdated. That "red thing" was probably gone by the time you talked to them.

TexasBred":3dyigoex said:
Most of those satellite shots are outdated. That "red thing" was probably gone by the time you talked to them.
Still invasive as HE!! ! That red thing was my generator and it was already on my tax bill. WE THE PEOPLE paid some idiot to sit there and grill me for an hour and we the people didn't get anything but a bill for his time and one of the people feels like he's got a peeping tom in the neighborhood.

cow pollinater":2ak0svqm said:
TexasBred":2ak0svqm said:
Still invasive as HE!! ! That red thing was my generator and it was already on my tax bill. WE THE PEOPLE paid some idiot to sit there and grill me for an hour and we the people didn't get anything but a bill for his time and one of the people feels like he's got a peeping tom in the neighborhood.
Invasive? You mean like having your right to privacy taken away? Ironic.
How old are you? Pull over there!

greybeard":1bqlus32 said:
cow pollinater":1bqlus32 said:
TexasBred":1bqlus32 said:
greybeard":1bqlus32 said:
cow pollinater":1bqlus32 said:
TexasBred":1bqlus32 said:

Nope, two very different things in my mind. Cops are hired to catch criminals and they walk a fine line in between putting undue pressure on undeserving people and putting enough pressure on criminals to catch them.
When tax collectors start digging into personal property WITHOUT REASONABLE SUSPICION that I've misled them or even any provocation at all, then government has overstepped it's bounds.

greybeard":37s2od7h said:
cow pollinater":37s2od7h said:
TexasBred":37s2od7h said:

I used to not believe but I have changed my mind TB has been dipping into the Kool Aide instead of drinking the tea. :lol2:

Caustic Burno":uhdth93q said:
I used to not believe but I have changed my mind TB has been dipping into the Kool Aide instead of drinking the tea. :lol2:

CB if you would take the time to actually read what some of us say instead of going off on some tangent all the time you might become a bit more enlightened as well. I made one short comment" Most of those satellite shots are outdated". Now prove my a%% wrong on that statement. Some are more current but I assure you the one of my place is 4 years old. Now what the he77 does that have to do with coolaid or tea?? You know you can be an obnoxious old SOB sometimes. Why not lighten up and give the rest of us non experts a friggin chance. Now where is my tin foil hat.

TexasBred":1y2tgjkg said:
Now where is my tin foil hat.

You're safe in Texas wearing it. Well maybe not totally safe next week. There's a 20% chance of rain a day or two.

TexasBred":36t2d2s9 said:
CB if you would take the time to actually read what some of us say instead of going off on some tangent all the time you might become a bit more enlightened as well.

Yesterday you were telling me I hadn't read the flag ban thread. I had. The conversation in the thread had progressed and I was responding to a post. I had read every word there.

What's up? What's got your goat with some of us? Can I buy you a shot?

TexasBred":3b1a0hye said:
Caustic Burno":3b1a0hye said:

CB if you would take the time to actually read what some of us say instead of going off on some tangent all the time you might become a bit more enlightened as well. I made one short comment" Most of those satellite shots are outdated". Now prove my a%% wrong on that statement. Some are more current but I assure you the one of my place is 4 years old. Now what the he77 does that have to do with coolaid or tea?? You know you can be an obnoxious old SOB sometimes. Why not lighten up and give the rest of us non experts a friggin chance. Now where is my tin foil hat.

O brother I have !!!
You calling me obnoxious that is like one old goat think's he doesn't stink and the other one does. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

backhoeboogie":3h96k47o said:
TexasBred":3h96k47o said:
CB if you would take the time to actually read what some of us say instead of going off on some tangent all the time you might become a bit more enlightened as well.

Yesterday you were telling me I hadn't read the flag ban thread. I had. The conversation in the thread had progressed and I was responding to a post. I had read every word there.

NO I asked you IF you had read the original post. :shock:

TexasBred":22whd0vv said:
backhoeboogie":22whd0vv said:
TexasBred":22whd0vv said:

NO I asked you IF you had read the original post. :shock:

My mistake. Yes. I read it.

Latest posts