best place to buy beefmaster cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

beefmaster44":11kx80qa said:
looking to purchase some beefmaster cattle does anyone have any suggestions?
Change your mind and buy some Angus!!!!!!! ;-)

beefmaster44":7lehvp6f said:

Don't know about "best", but these sales are advertised in my Okla Cowman magazine this month:

Central States Beefmaster Breeders Bull Sale - Saturday, Jan 23, Union Stockyards, McAlester, OK - bulls, pairs, breds, open heifers, approx 100 head consigned

Anthony Mihalski - sale manager
cell: 210 415 0888
email: [email protected]

(whether your're looking for red or black bulls, you will find them in this offering)

Texoma Beefmaster Performance Test bull sale
Saturday, March 17, Overbrook, OK (south of Ardmore, OK on I35) - approx 70 bulls, 40 registered and commercial females

Derek Frenzel - Sale Manager
Ph: 254 541 4643
email: [email protected]

beefmaster44":22ipxhv6 said:
their are alot of beefmaster sales in missouri,an quiet a few sales coming up there but i dont remember the dates right off.be ready to pay $1500 to $2000 for bred cows an pairs.an maybe more depending on the breeding of the cattle.

What are you wanting to do with them? There are several breeders we work with directly. The quality, genetics, and styles may want to be addressed when making your decisions. Also, there are some breeders that I would stay away from.

D.R. Cattle":u8tj78uc said:
if you buy off lassiter or lbar ranches.you had better have a pocket full of money.1 set of cows im looking at are lassiter bloodlines.

guest25":1mfyozj9 said:
la4angus":1mfyozj9 said:
beefmaster44":1mfyozj9 said:

Yea in doing so you might help save some of the breeders.

THE ones that know the train has left the station and the wrecks just around the bend. :help:

Welcome back to the boards, Guest25. I see you're off to a positive start.

guest25":7kt8fi92 said:
Frankie":7kt8fi92 said:
guest25":7kt8fi92 said:
la4angus":7kt8fi92 said:
beefmaster44":7kt8fi92 said:

Yea in doing so you might help save some of the breeders.

THE ones that know the train has left the station and the wrecks just around the bend. :help:

Welcome back to the boards, Guest25. I see you're off to a positive start.

No sense in not calling it like it is.

Well I guess I will jump of that train when it wrecks. Near as I can tell the track is running straight and true. Until one of the other breed associations can compete with CAB marketing it doesnt look like the trrack is going anywhere but to the bank. So fat none of the other associations breed branding is doing much more than sitting at the station.

I guess that makes sense. The train cant wreck if it never leaves the station. I cant wait for some of the other breed brabds to take off. Succcessful marketing of any beef breed cna only help the industry as a whole.

I guess from some perspective you are right. If you are one of those guys paying 150k (in real dollars) for a bull then you are playing a loosing game regardless of what brred.

If you are the average respectable breeder selling angus to the commercial cattleman then you arent fleecing or getting rich, but CAb definitely helps you sell your bulls.

If you are the average varity, brand new, get rich quick cattlman spending 300k on the newest bull thinking you can sell his prodigy for the same, then you are playign a loosing game regardless of the brred

guest25":1k4grghg said:
If you call 15 percent of 110 million head since 1978 averaging a whopping 16 to 20 dollar premium hope you dont spend your part of the premium in one place.

Course if you are selling some of the bulls behind all that hype then you might have a little more cash on hand.

65 percent of those bull buyers ar not receiving any premium just paying the premiums.

So it really depends on what side of the tracks you are on as to whether the train is running or people are being fleeced.

Of course MOST people sell their calves at the salebarn. How many Angus calves bring 2 cents a lb more because the buyer thinks there might be a CAB premium? As long as the cow/calf guys LIKE the way their Angus cross cows are performing on the farm and they are satisfied with what they are getting for those black calves at the salebarn Angus is going too keep selling the semen and the bulls.

You might look down around Texarkana. I spoke with a friend of mine that bought 10 bred hefers from a place down there. I wasn't thinking of this thread so I forgot to ask particulars.

All the Beefmaster affiliated sales are on the website for Beefmasters previously posted...

...however you can also call the Central States Beefmasters and get a directory of local breeders nearest to you.

One of the local breeders will most definitely help you find what you're looking for...

...unless you want to wait until the end of March and support the Western States Beefmasters sale in Fallon, NV that will also have some Lasater stock coming into it.

Best of luck to you.

DavisBeefmasters":pmlbsp5q said:
All the Beefmaster affiliated sales are on the website for Beefmasters previously posted...

...however you can also call the Central States Beefmasters and get a directory of local breeders nearest to you.

One of the local breeders will most definitely help you find what you're looking for...

...unless you want to wait until the end of March and support the Western States Beefmasters sale in Fallon, NV that will also have some Lasater stock coming into it.

Best of luck to you.
ive talked to a few breeders here in texas the last week or so.an everyone i talk to dont have any bred cows pairs or bred heifers for sale.theyve sold down due to the drought.there are a few sales coming up.if you go to them better have deep pockets.

Latest posts