Belarus Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I am looking for a low cost front wheel assist loader tractor. There is a Belarus dealer about an hour from me and they seem to really want to deal. How well do turbo and non turbo Belarus tractors hold up?

theres only 1 thing i know bout those tractors.an thats if they break down you had better have a backup tractor for their job.because ive heard if they break down you could be waiting on parts for 6 months.

Mine stayed broken down. I wouldnt ever own another one. If someone gave me one I would sell it for what I could and buy a massey , kubota or john deere.

I have a friend that had two , had them less than two years,had all kinds of trouble with them and waited months for parts . He got rid of them both.

I think I would buy a used deere massey or whatever before I bought a belarus

Anything red setting in a field is a Belarus tractor waiting for parts.
They are easy to find and cheapest of all tractors.

I have owned two. Parts were never a problem. the dealer is 30 miles away.
I didnt like the cab or the climb into the cab.
otherwise a cheap very useable tractor

Same here.. We have a 15 yr old Belarus, had to fix many problems with it (leaking hydraulics, radiator, wheel problems) Not to mention it needs a new clutch now, and rattles everywhere, AND the cab is not easy to get in and out of. But in all fairness, it will get the job done, and is powerful.
Its why I got a John Deere now, and its the best one I have ever owned. (even if it is 25 yrs old)

A brand new Belarus is about like a 1950 model John Deer. :lol2: Always burned my @$$ when everything I looked at on the Belarus had CCCP on it.

TexasBred":17vzkm7l said:
Always burned my @$$ when everything I looked at on the Belarus had CCCP on it.

What would you expect from a tractor made in russia?

We have a Belarus 400 (40T), made in the early 60's. 52hp. Great steering and control for cutting and baling. Unbeatable down pressure on the 3pth...makes for quick and easy post hole drilling.

However, we are experts at breaking it in half. Have replaced the clutch 11 times now. Three? years ago a lower end gear went and even then we couldn't get it started properly. No time to waste so we let it sit a winter and now the cylinders seem to be seized. Maybe we will get it running again some day.

When it works its a good tractor....but it breaks down a lot (once every 2 seasons...rough average). If it was my decision, the next time I get it running, I would trade it off.

Belarus are cheap for a reason. But for a person with little cash and good mechanic skills, they are a deal.

If i recall they had a dual hydraulic action on the 3 point hitch which made them good for digging post holes when it would run. I got that from a friend of my dad. He now has a Deere.

I've had this 400AN for 25 years - been through a lot with it - parts are not hard to get - paid 7200 new for a 56 hp tractor. I had little money. Today I suppose I'd go deal with our Case dealer - nice guy - I know him, but I'd sure have to pay. Plenty of help for these old Belarus on old tractor forum. It's a heavy tractor and strong, but you gotta be creative and a bit mechanical.

Latest posts