belarus tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

I normally don't like to badmouth anyone's choice in equipment (or anything for that matter), because you don't know what factors made a person arrive at that decision.

BUT

There are a couple of Belarus dealers around here. They are Russian tractors. I've heard nothing good. All bad. They lose their value big time, and you can't get parts for them. In the local farmers sale papers you can find ton of Belarus tractors for sale. 50 hp for $3,000 that's 5 or 6 years old. That just aint right. My uncle has one (I think it's about a 25-30hp) and he borrows my utility trailer to bring it to get worked on a lot. He finally decided to sell it just last week, but I don't think he'll have an easy time of it.

I have a neighbor who has all John deere, but a few years ago he got 2 new Belarus because they were much cheaper, he had lots of trouble and couldn't get parts. Needless to say he soon got rid of them and went back to all Deeres.

Thanks again everyone for the replies,I know is there is alot of Belarus tractors for sale really cheap in the equipment trader.The reason why I was wondering about belarus because I had a load of hay delivered Saturday .We was talking about allis chamlers 5050 that I plan on looking at ,and the guy to me that I would be better off buying a Belarus tractor,because parts for the allis would be hard to get parts for, not sure about that because dealers say that parts are not hard to get.Thanks Dean :)

Dean the hobby farmer":389zixq7 said:
The reason why I was wondering about belarus because I had a load of hay delivered Saturday .We was talking about allis chamlers 5050 that I plan on looking at ,and the guy to me that I would be better off buying a Belarus tractor

Does he by any chance have one for sale??????

dun

Dean the hobby farmer":2fcadmcq said:
Just wondering with Belarus tractors which model # is the best to buy.Also what about Zetor &universal tractors.Thanks Dean

None of the above would be a good choice.

Hi,Flaboy when you mentioned that none of the above would be not a good choice , did that also include allis chamlers.I thought they were a good tractor in their day.They are same as fiat ,they are a good tractor let me know .Thanks again Dean :D

I know that everyone else said bellarus was junk but I owned one and words cant explain how big a piece of junk these things are. The metal ,and I use that term loosely, is brittle and often breaks. Bolt threads often dont line up with any nuts. Fuel oil and hydraulic lines are cheaply sautered together.
Piece of junk!

Dean the hobby farmer":1snx3ofz said:
Hi,Flaboy when you mentioned that none of the above would be not a good choice , did that also include allis chamlers.I thought they were a good tractor in their day.They are same as fiat ,they are a good tractor let me know .Thanks again Dean :D

Never had an Allis but some swore by them. Parts is why I would stay away unless you are into collecting. If I use it I want to be able to get parts overnight.

Take a look here for better opinions.

http://www.allischalmers.com/

http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/Alli ... ctors.html

100_0032.jpg

This is a 825 Belarus which is 80 horse power we also have a 562 which is abot 70 horse.I have put over 3000 hours on this tractor and have put a clutch in it this fall cost $400 for parts and $400 for labor. The 562 had 3800 hours on it when I got it Ihave put another 1000 hrs on it and had to put in a head gasket this summer cost parts and labor $597.00.

The hydralic lines do leak some fluid but with some maintence they work fine also they are very fuel efficent I can mow hay with the 825 on about 2 gallons an hour I mow with a rowse double 9 sickle mower.I also bale with either tractor.We have a 150 cows and these 2 tractors make all the hay and do all the loader work.I feed hay for about an Hour a day in the winter they hold 34 gallons of fuel last winter I fed 43 days on 34 gallons then It ran out my farm is north of my home and I kept forgetting to bring fuel.I paid $16000 for this tractor with 700 hours on it includeing the loader.It would bring $10,000 around here now and I have had it for 7 years.People should'nt knock what they don't know about .So how much fuel does a $10,000 4020 2 wheeldrive eat an hour now don't lie my brother has one of those...In fuel savings alone in 10 years I can save The $10,000easy.....
As for parts there is a warehouse in Milwaukee Wi. if your dealer does'nt have the part they will direct ship Fed Ex 2 days no different than any other tractor.I also have a Massey and 2 Allis Chalmers.They are 160 and 180 horsepower and sit idle 11 months of the year.

I had a Belarus once, It was the biggest one I believe 1025?? It was great for baling and cutting hay and very fuel efficient. It struggled to pull a 14 ft tandem and drill combo, but it would pull a 16 ft swather pretty good. The A/C never was real cool but other than that it was a decent tractor for the money.

Thanks DD Ranch and rancher 6 for the replies on the Belarus tractors here in Nova Scotia alot of people uses Belarus tractor for woods work.Alot of people swears about them says that they not that bad same as everything you can have a good or bad one.Thanks Dean

frenchie":1vwz5nnq said:
DD RANCH":1vwz5nnq said:
Also they start very easy in cold weather even without being plugged in...

:lol: Depends what you call cold

I dont plug my 562 in at all as it doesnt have a heater it will start down to about -20 below zero it does have glow plugs and good batteries it came with 2 6 volt but I changed it to 2 12 volt.

My 825 start's quite a bit better it has a 24 volt system to the starter I keep it pluged in all the time as it's at our other farm which is 12 miles from here and I feed with it everyday.If I forget to plug it in it will start fine but it's alot easier if it's warm.Pretty bad when my 2 Belarus tractor's start better than my ford diesel truck's.

Just bought a Belarus 562. I think I got a really good price. In general most people told me not to buy it. Basically I was told you could not get parts. I found out from people in Oky otherwise . In fact they say parts are plentiful and at 1/2 the price of american tractors. Apparently, these tractors are very tough,easy to work on and cheap.

Latest posts