Beginners ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't you people remember how your grandfather could heal anything with coal oil and camphor. Country people have country ways. If you remember way back when it usually worked. :shock:

J+

J+ Cattle":26yal9cr said:
Don't you people remember how your grandfather could heal anything with coal oil and camphor. Country people have country ways. If you remember way back when it usually worked. :shock:

J+

You are so right BUT, it is far easier to find the modern ingredients than the old ones now. Peroxide cures a lot of things.

flaboy?":vfx19b0b said:
J+ Cattle":vfx19b0b said:

J+

You are so right BUT, it is far easier to find the modern ingredients than the old ones now. Peroxide cures a lot of things.

You got that right, I was looking for true coal oil to soak some corn in as it will kill hogs Black Flag dead. Couldn't find any anywhere.

Caustic Burno":1nv6opyw said:
You got that right, I was looking for true coal oil to soak some corn in as it will kill hogs Black Flag dead. Couldn't find any anywhere.

Don't do that. Poisoning hogs is probably illegal. The way I read Alabama game laws, it is here......AND you need to think about the neighbors. One dead hog wouldn't phase me one bit....everybody dies afterall; but If I found a half dozen hogs dead on my property all at once from mysterious circumstances I would be truly panicing....hog cholera? Hoof and mouth disease? anthrax? terrorist bioweapon test? I would almost certainly call the state veterinarian's office.

Brandonm2":2ukxmdgt said:
Caustic Burno":2ukxmdgt said:

Don't do that. Poisoning hogs is probably illegal. The way I read Alabama game laws, it is here......AND you need to think about the neighbors. One dead hog wouldn't phase me one bit....everybody dies afterall; but If I found a half dozen hogs dead on my property all at once from mysterious circumstances I would be truly panicing....hog cholera? Hoof and mouth disease? anthrax? terrorist bioweapon test? I would almost certainly call the state veterinarian's office.

It is not illegal here and everyone around is already poisonig them just using crushed clay pigeons and corn. We are ate up have to haul sand in the front yard to mow, hay fields look like a B-52 and carpet bombing.

Caustic Burno":vqoo1tqm said:
We are ate up have to haul sand in the front yard to mow, hay fields look like a B-52 and carpet bombing.

You need to put them in little bear suits and ship them north to the folks that like bears

Tab/s":2mois45s said:
Caustic Burno":2mois45s said:
I have an old Jenny around 25 she split her hoof on something.
I have her up in a good sand lot. What is a good equine antibotic other than penicillin for a donkey. Old Alice has been here a long time I just want to insure she doesn't get it abcessed. I haven't stayed up with the meds for equines.

Just a question as I saw you blast someone for posting in the wrong forum recently. Would the proper place for this be health and nutrition?

Not being sarcastic justwanting to know about all things being proper!
Did you read the TITLE of the topic :?: :roll:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":no1akjdm said:
Tab/s":no1akjdm said:
Caustic Burno":no1akjdm said:
I have an old Jenny around 25 she split her hoof on something.
I have her up in a good sand lot. What is a good equine antibotic other than penicillin for a donkey. Old Alice has been here a long time I just want to insure she doesn't get it abcessed. I haven't stayed up with the meds for equines.

Just a question as I saw you blast someone for posting in the wrong forum recently. Would the proper place for this be health and nutrition?

Not being sarcastic justwanting to know about all things being proper!
Did you read the TITLE of the topic :?: :roll:

MPR if he had looked it says Horse talk.
Jack Asses are different than Horses in feeds, meds, hoof care.
But I guess he doesn't know that.

flaboy?":3u5uph28 said:
So what's the update CB? Hows the hoof doing?

Old Alice is up and moving around real slow but getting a little better each day. She see's me coming and is up and moving as she is tired of penecillin shots. I treated the foot with blue kote.

Caustic Burno":37zzk3cl said:
flaboy?":37zzk3cl said:
So what's the update CB? Hows the hoof doing?

Old Alice is up and moving around real slow but getting a little better each day. She see's me coming and is up and moving as she is tired of penecillin shots. I treated the foot with blue kote.

Sounds to me like some quiet and some TLC is going to fit the bill - a few friends agree with that after discussion - good luck my friend.

Bez>

Alice":14upwm0a said:
Call the vet...and post it on the horse board...old Alice being an equine and all...

Alice

Wouldn' make any difference in which forum SOMEONE would blitch any way!
Anyone have a crying towel? :D :D :D

Brandonm2":2rm2hyc7 said:
but If I found a half dozen hogs dead on my property all at once from mysterious circumstances I would be truly panicing....

I would celebrate. The more dead, the better.

A half dozen live ones is reason to panic. They'll wreck 30 acres of pasture in a less than a week's time.

CB,

I got to this one late, sounds like Alice is on the mend. Who would of guessed you had room in your heart for a equine pasture ordaiment. :lol: Couldn't tell by the post, but assume since your usings antibiotics, the split is on her sole or frog, rather than a hoof wall split? But sounds like it's under control.

What is really nice to see is, with all the BS you get from people, one of the few times I have truly seen you ask for advice you have 3 pages of folk wanting to help. That should show you how most of us feel about you and your importance here.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":9rdgflpn said:
CB,

I got to this one late, sounds like Alice is on the mend. Who would of guessed you had room in your heart for a equine pasture ordaiment. :lol: Couldn't tell by the post, but assume since your usings antibiotics, the split is on her sole or frog, rather than a hoof wall split? But sounds like it's under control.

What is really nice to see is, with all the BS you get from people, one of the few times I have truly seen you ask for advice you have 3 pages of folk wanting to help. That should show you how most of us feel about you and your importance here.

Thanks,
Alan

Thanks but Old Alice is a very valuable asset there is a subdivision if you could call it that about 4 miles through the woods. Alice doesn't like a dog.

CB you have susprised me. I would have thought you have hauled her to the stock yare and picked up a new ass for $100 to chase dogs. Keep it upi we will make a sweetheart out of you yet. :lol: :lol:

Caustic Burno":1mwdegbq said:
Alan":1mwdegbq said:
CB,

Thanks,
Alan

Thanks but Old Alice is a very valuable asset there is a subdivision if you could call it that about 4 miles through the woods. Alice doesn't like a dog.

Nice thing about a Donkey and a Mule is them stray dogs and other varmits will come up dead in the pasture.

Latest posts