Been thinking about something...

Help Support CattleToday:

iowa hawkeyes":3ixm8n2i said:
My question is why people choose to become a vegan/vegetarian. Was there a traumatic situation? Did there parents raise them that way? Do they believe meat/eggs/dairy are really that bad for them? I don't know anyone that's either.
Simple, it's because they are freaking MORONS

dun":3635cxqf said:
iowa hawkeyes":3635cxqf said:
My question is why people choose to become a vegan/vegetarian. Was there a traumatic situation? Did there parents raise them that way? Do they believe meat/eggs/dairy are really that bad for them? I don't know anyone that's either.
quick and to the point

dun":3d4jjri1 said:
iowa hawkeyes":3d4jjri1 said:

There are like the save the whale nuts or Artic fox and most have never seen one. Most of these people are the type that would follow Jim Jones.

Jogeephus":1wioz8x9 said:
The other day we butchered a cow and had it hanging in the barnyard when a fella dropped by. Turns out he was a professor and wanted to watch what we were doing and he got to talking. From this conversation I learned he was pretty adamant about global warming and was also a semi-vegetarian and his daugter was a vegetarian and his son a vegan.

Stop right there Jogee. I count 4 strikes against him and he aint even hit a foul ball.

Just for your sake you ought to consider something; you know what folks say about "birds of a feather" don't you? Shake it off. Wash your hands real thorough too when folks like that just show up out of the blue.

I have a friend that wont eat meat because she saw a programme on TV on how they kill cattle at the abattoir and thought it cruel. BUT she will wear leather shoes and sit on a leather couch, go figure. Not what I call a veggie.

chrisy":1jcwdlzd said:
I have a friend that wont eat meat because she saw a programme on TV on how they kill cattle at the abattoir and thought it cruel. BUT she will wear leather shoes and sit on a leather couch, go figure. Not what I call a veggie.

that always blows my mind! give me a break.

I think you just need to get you one of those ballet dancer style tu-tu outfits with the butterfly wings on the back, a short magic wand, and a pair of furry slippers and go vegan.

Don't fall into the vegetableiarn trap. If you're going to do it, go whole hog. Go vegan, stop using all petroleum products, feed the skeeters and fireants, and love the earth. You know that skeeters and fireants got to eat too, so don't be stingy.

Talk is cheap. I wouldn't want to see you just do this halfway. Be bold, be beautiful, and have fun! :banana:

And.... never use the words whole hog again. A true vegan believer would not only not eat them, he wouldn't say them.

Jogeephus":jqvf3ws0 said:
The other day we butchered a cow and had it hanging in the barnyard when a fella dropped by. Turns out he was a professor and wanted to watch what we were doing and he got to talking. From this conversation I learned he was pretty adamant about global warming and was also a semi-vegetarian and his daugter was a vegetarian and his son a vegan. Wasn't sure if I needed to give him my condolances or not till I later googled and learned what a vegan was.... Well this got me to thinking. What do you have to do to become a true vegan? Is there a book on it or something? I mean how are you graded. I know there are lively debates over who are real ranchers and who are hobbyists so I'm sure there is equal debate over who is a bigger vegetarian. Do you reckon the true vegans snub their noses at those wanta be vegetarians while smiteing the pseudo-vegeamites? I mean if I wanted to become a vegan what would I have to do? Think there is a book out there like Veganism for Dummies? I understand a true vegan even refuses to use anything manufactured from animals - including insects. So I assume this would mean I'd have to toss my silk Scooby Doo jammies. And that silk teddy she ..... well .... reckon I'd better spend more time thinking about just plain old vegetarianism. What cha think?

To become a vegan, you just say you're a vegan or "working toward becoming a vegan." Veganism was very trendy a few years ago. I think it's kinda run it's course now. There are lists on websites of things vegans can't eat and shouldn't buy. There are often blow ups between vegetarians and vegans. Vegans will say vegetarians aren't doing "enough for the animals". Vegetarians will point out that vegans use animal byproducts every day. I used to spend quite a bit of time on vegan/vegetarian pages and decided vegans are 1. truly ignorant of where their food comes from or 2. liars. I lean more toward the second. Time magazine has said a pretty good percentage of vegans have an eating disorder. They use veganism as a way to control their eating. Vegans are mostly young, 14-20, wealthy, white and female. They live in a totally different world than we do. Many of them have never seen a live cow or even petted a dog. I could go on and on about them, but guess it's not necessary here. :)

My oldest is going on 9 months not eating meat. It all started with some show she saw on you tube. Anyway, I prefer her being a veg head over her current boyfriend.

You bunch of conservative , are really close minded bunch of hypocrites.

You all would be the frist to talk about/defend personally rights of carring a gun, but you do not allow them to chose what they eat.

You knock save the whales people tring to save species from wholesale destruction, but you would shoot a man (readily) for stealing your cattle..

I do not know if the Right is to afarid to see the truth and know man is killing the planted or that they are a bunch of gun carring, morons that aint smart enough to see the truth....Get This straight GLOBAL WARMING is here now and it going to get worse......Now because AL Gore saies it is , not because a bunch of scientists say so, not because island are becoming flooded...The U.S.A. navy say so, their data saies the oceans are warmer and the ice is melting, NO BRAG, JUST FACT ...

alftn said:
This is a bit strong.

You all would be the frist to talk about/defend personally rights of carring a gun, but you do not allow them to chose what they eat.
No-one is saying you can't be a veggie, It seems to me it is the other way around, veggies complaining about meat eaters, which we are an animal equipt to do so, it is through choice not to. So veggies don't go bleating on, about how righteous you are. We are all intitled to our own opinion, in what to put into our own bodies.

You knock save the whales people tring to save species from wholesale destruction, but you would shoot a man (readily) for stealing your cattle..
When and who has ever knocked whale baiting, that is one thing that is wrong, to make any creature extinct, And as for shooting a man for stealing ones cattle, why not? he shouldn't expect to get away with taking someone else's things, if you can't take the time don't do the crime.

I do not know if the Right is to afarid to see the truth and know man is killing the planted or that they are a bunch of gun carring, morons that aint smart enough to see the truth....Get This straight GLOBAL WARMING is here now and it going to get worse......Now because AL Gore saies it is , not because a bunch of scientists say so, not because island are becoming flooded...The U.S.A. navy say so, their data saies the oceans are warmer and the ice is melting, NO BRAG, JUST FACT ....
It is not just man that is killing the planet, it is the planet killing the planet, it is what is called natural progression, the Earth changes slowly through the years, and yes we haven't helped with the junk we put into the air, but this is only a tiny amount and will not harm the on going progression that much. It is the Politicians that want to scare monger so as they can make a quick buck out of us. also we see more of what is going on as we are more intelligent now than people were a good few years back. well perhaps intelligent was not the right word, maybe I should have used intouch with the planet, the equipment we have is far more sophisticated than before. Well that is just my opinion, taken from seminars I have been to on the subject of Global Warming.

alftn":2xpt9xci said:

I do not know if the Right is to afarid to see the truth and know man is killing the planted or that they are a bunch of gun carring, morons that aint smart enough to see the truth....Get This straight GLOBAL WARMING is here now and it going to get worse......Now because AL Gore saies it is , not because a bunch of scientists say so, not because island are becoming flooded...The U.S.A. navy say so, their data saies the oceans are warmer and the ice is melting, NO BRAG, JUST FACT ...
:roll: :kid: :dunce:

Latest posts