Beefmaster x Brangus Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

birdog

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of our '06 calves. What do you think?
DSC00343.JPG

DSC00347.JPG

DSC00346.JPG

DSC00340_jpeg.JPG

I think that is a terrible looking lot pm me the directions to your place I can have the trailer hooked up in a few minutes. I will be right out to haul them off for you at no expense to you.

ALACOWMAN":2y2j487k said:
ill say this their in the country they were bred for. their in good condition for the ground i see. look good
1 thing is for sure.they are top replacement heifers.no wonder burno likes them so much.they will be top calf raisers.

caustic is right, I will help with 1/2 the cost and help caustic remove them for you. you don't want those to reproduce any longer. Nice animals. just shows what a good brangus momma can raise

Nice, very nice. Specially the red one. Did I mention they were nice?

cfpinz

The calves look super, but I'd like to have some of the cows that raised those cows in my herd. How about a pic of the momma's?

sidney411":20ui9alj said:
Those sure do look good for the area. Are you supplementing? What stocking density are you running them?

We run 1-AU per 7 AC. That was a little dense this winter because of the drought. We had to supplement with Hudson tubs 20% and expensive hay $85. When the pics were taken we were not supplementing. They work for their groceries. IMO nuthin' better than a Beefmaster x Brangus for me. We have a place in southern Fisher county we stock 1-AU per 35 AC.

We dont see cattle like that here in Kansas. Just curious what heifers like that are worth per head?

KANSAS":p9injkog said:
We dont see cattle like that here in Kansas. Just curious what heifers like that are worth per head?

700 weights would bring $700-$750 until we get some rain then $900 to $1000. This year I don't know cattle this past week or so are a little week. I plan on trying to raise some more like these.

Now that is what I'm striving for. I would love to have a pasture full of those. My cows are AngusxBrangus based and I have been considering a Char., Brangus or Beefmaster bull. I think all three are great but I hear so much about crazy Chars and Brangus that I have about decided on a Beefmaster bull. From what I see here, I'm almost convinced.

>>700 weights would bring $700-$750 until we get some rain then $900 to $1000. This year I don't know cattle this past week or so are a little week. I plan on trying to raise some more like these.<<

My BS meter is going off. First of all the stocking rate is too high!! 7acres/unit? You can tell by the picture that is just plain wrong. Anywhere in west texas (west of 281 say) is going to need AT LEAST 10-12acre/unit. Secondly this fellow (I almost called him a bozo, but I'm in trouble with the authorities so I gotta keep it PC) is not getting the prices like he says for these heavily brahman influenced cattle, even in Texas. 7 weights will bring .90-.93 then take a .05 dock for the brahman influence leaves you with a real world price of $600ish.

nortexsook":2c305xzg said:
>>700 weights would bring $700-$750 until we get some rain then $900 to $1000. This year I don't know cattle this past week or so are a little week. I plan on trying to raise some more like these.<<

My BS meter is going off. First of all the stocking rate is too high!! 7acres/unit? You can tell by the picture that is just plain wrong. Anywhere in west texas (west of 281 say) is going to need AT LEAST 10-12acre/unit. Secondly this fellow (I almost called him a bozo, but I'm in trouble with the authorities so I gotta keep it PC) is not getting the prices like he says for these heavily brahman influenced cattle, even in Texas. 7 weights will bring .90-.93 then take a .05 dock for the brahman influence leaves you with a real world price of $600ish.

I was debating whether or not to reply to this comment without digging myself into a hole due to lack of experience in this business but let me clarify; I thought they were asking what these heifers bring as replacements not feeder cattle. You are exactly right if your talking feeder cattle. But I'm not BS'ing on these prices because that is what I sold these heifers for. This year the prices are weaker so I don't know. I don't have alot of these because I'm just getting started. I was being honest on the stocking rates too, but let me say I have found out that this rate is too dense and have made some adjustments. The place in the pictures hadn't had livestock on it in several years and there was plenty of native grass but during my learning curve I found out that native pasture doesn't grow as fast and they cleaned it down pretty good. The place is recovering now but we need a rain. I'm not trying to BS anybody here, just had some good luck and was trying to share it with everyone. I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing because it works for me.