Beefmaster heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

I wonder who is selling them, can't find a beefmaster breeder by those #'s. Nice looking though. I believe they should go for between 1300 to 1500 a piece depending on breeding.

Don't give the seller any ideas. I would be willing to bet Alacowman a steak that you could get them less than that especially if you got a few of them.

my guess, they are gonna be high... but i would have put a price on them in the ad..i know in the automobile business.. when you dont see a price,,,, and see"""call for more info""" its high..but they got you on the line to dicker with, and talk them up with a sales pitch...

I think he is looking for a sucker if he can find one but may be willing to sell at a reasonable price if it comes down to it. I think the open to selling without registration papers shows he is open to discussion. I think he is trying to get a guy on the phone and read him and then adjust his offer to that. And I agree I would always put a price because it saves you and others allot of time. There is no telling how many calls he gets a day about those heifers. It would drive me crazy.

The vet that does my ET work told me who he thought it was. He thinks they can be bought right if someone is really interested. I would call soon though. If not they will be gone. Not looking for a sucker . They come from reputable people that I know.

Circle H Ranch

Cattleman200":3fi4lu69 said:
The vet that does my ET work told me who he thought it was. He thinks they can be bought right if someone is really interested. I would call soon though. If not they will be gone. Not looking for a sucker . They come from reputable people that I know.

Circle H Ranch
I called they are a reputable people, wish I had the extra cash right now, waiting on the results from the tax man.

Hey Deisel he is breeding a PT son to some of those heifers that do not sale. :clap:

those are a fine set of heifers thats for sure.around here youd be lucky to buy those heifers for $1200 to $1500.an once they are bred $2000 a hd or more.

Man wish I was living farther south if thats the price good beefmaster hiefers bring cause i was talking to lasater about thier cattle a little bit ago and was offered a pretty fair deal on registered cows if i wanted to buy 50 head or so. Said that he would give a good deal for only a few reasons. One because i was young and trying to get started. Explained what i bought and had paid for and how i was running them. Said that he liked how i put alot of work into weighing them at birth in summer and at weaning as well as weighing all my cows etc etc to see how they were doing. He said if i would do that kind of work for comercial cattle than would be worth time raising good regestered cattle. Also said that it was one of the only times he ever had a young guy call and listen most of the time in a conversation to try and learn versus telling what he knew. And that i was raising a low input type of cow that matched what he liked to see. Only draw back is in this area i am sure will take a pretty good hit on them calves selling in a sale barn granted he did say that if i went with it i shouldnt be selling hiefers in sale barn and if kept track of all information he would help make decisions on what to keep as far as bulls went for selling as long as listened and cut what he said to.

buying 50 is a whole lot diff than buying 5-10....find me some of them closer...i been buying 3-4 a yr offa my buddy. his beefmasters and comin along real good for me. soon ill be stocked. cow claf ive only got room for bout 20 pair. 40 animals on the grnd would be a lot for me to do. but id sure add them to my herd if i could get em here cheap enough

Lon":bjgonmwd said:
Man wish I was living farther south if thats the price good beefmaster hiefers bring cause i was talking to lasater about thier cattle a little bit ago and was offered a pretty fair deal on registered cows if i wanted to buy 50 head or so. Said that he would give a good deal for only a few reasons. One because i was young and trying to get started. Explained what i bought and had paid for and how i was running them. Said that he liked how i put alot of work into weighing them at birth in summer and at weaning as well as weighing all my cows etc etc to see how they were doing. He said if i would do that kind of work for comercial cattle than would be worth time raising good regestered cattle. Also said that it was one of the only times he ever had a young guy call and listen most of the time in a conversation to try and learn versus telling what he knew. And that i was raising a low input type of cow that matched what he liked to see. Only draw back is in this area i am sure will take a pretty good hit on them calves selling in a sale barn granted he did say that if i went with it i shouldnt be selling hiefers in sale barn and if kept track of all information he would help make decisions on what to keep as far as bulls went for selling as long as listened and cut what he said to.
my nephew talked to lassater in CO an wanted them to buy 50hd as well.but said they would sell 50hd for $2500 ea.

bigbull338":1ym4cqas said:
Lon":1ym4cqas said:
my nephew talked to lassater in CO an wanted them to buy 50hd as well.but said they would sell 50hd for $2500 ea.

I was offered a little better price than that. Only thing though is we may be talking about different age of cows because i wasnt trying to buy 2 3 or 4 year olds either. But really if you think about it $2500 for a good quality reg set of of cows specially if they were young isnt that bad at all for a price as long as they were seed stock quality that you could have a good chance of raising more seedstock out of. Maybe i am wrong though because i havent ever raised anything besides commercial.

they are more than fair priced at $2500.because at the reg sales i go to most are bringing $2000 to $2500 or more.

Latest posts