Beefmaster heifer pic

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie

Reaction score
This is our daughter's heifer, Olga. She is out of her registered Beefmaster scramble heifer (now cow) and an Angus x Braunvieh bull that we had. She's 9 months old and weighs a little over 800 lbs. She has been a royal pain in the rear to wean. She is the cow's first calf, and even though her dam has been dry for 3 months, she will still let the heifer nurse. They have been kept separated in different pastures since weaning. I tried putting her in the same pasture with her mom yesterday and the first thing that she did was latch on. Boy was I ticked. They are separated again.

Olgawebb-M.jpg

You can see her coloring under her belly here. She was throwing a fit while being halter broken during the summer.

olgaWEB-M.jpg

Pretty white belly! But yeah I felt your frustration with weaning the calf. I had a belted heifer calf do same thing. Thankfully the calf's mother had a calf and the mother do not tolerate the older calf around her and her new calf.

i had a cow colored almost just like her a few years ago and her calves never had a bit of white on them.

looks good..i got 5-6 look just like her..hope i do w/o the grief you got tho,..i already got rpoblems with ababysitter cows and weaning and all the crap

Nice heifer... She was a pretty good gainer calf looks like. Hope she produces well for you.

Latest posts