beefmaster/braford X

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
i got a cpl new hiefers with this cross..altho i already have this X from my new bull and my old cows i just started calving from him..and someone shot the bullcalf so i only got one so far..a little hiefer

they do well in the heat also...much better than my beefmaster angus X do...theyre hard to keep good looking...always seem boney to me

i got reg beefmaster bull and reg brafords...the hiefers i bought are reg beefmaster but theyre crossed with brafords..i guess theyre 4th cross??? and somehow that means something

at least i got em from good people i know..so i git em mid april ill see if i can git pics up..usually i cant tho

gary

So tell me on this Registered Bull, What breeding is he from? Because you know that rumor has it that some of the blacks are of a brangus decent. I hate to say it but my experience has beeen that Black Magjic/Soul man on Black Magjic/Soul man does not work in beefmasters. Could be too much angus for the heat? Not enough Brahma

Well beefmaster is 50% brahman 25% shorthorn and 25% hereford.

Crossing with a braford just adds more brahman and hereford.

I used a beefmaster cross bull on some braford cross cows 2 years ago and I liked the calves and they brought well in my area.

I'm useing a beefmaster on some angus cow But I have not any calves yet. My bull is not registered. He is a 7/8 grandson of Black jack 21. The other 1/8 is black Limo.
Blue Goose 1

my bull is red..but reg

the 2 hiefers i got are beefmaster/braford..i already have this x on my place and it works pretty good. even some of my rancher nieghbors tell me i have outstanding calfs

as for the angus x i havent yet seen a decent looking angus round here..i traded for some angus cows with a guy and out of 4...2 didnt ever make me any money and the other 2 are still at it but they cannot even begin to make a calf like the brafords do on the beefmaster bull.

dieselbeef":1lci2t34 said:
my bull is red..but reg

the 2 hiefers i got are beefmaster/braford..i already have this x on my place and it works pretty good. even some of my rancher nieghbors tell me i have outstanding calfs

as for the angus x i havent yet seen a decent looking angus round here..i traded for some angus cows with a guy and out of 4...2 didnt ever make me any money and the other 2 are still at it but they cannot even begin to make a calf like the brafords do on the beefmaster bull.
let me try to explain the beefmaster grade up program.ok now you have reg angus cows bred to reg beefmaster bull.they will only produce what is known as 1st cross.you can get papers saying 1st cross if the BBU field man looks at an oks them.now breed 1st cross to same bull,that calf is 2nd cross.go through same above process.now breed 2nd cross to beefmaster bulls.those calves can be reg as pureblood beefmasters if you have the papers on the 1st an 2nd crosses.i wont buy 1st or 2nd cross cattle.hope this helps.

um...huh?? the owner of the calfs tried explaining that to me and i gave her the deer in the headlights look :???:
i kind a git it but its a bit much for my brain damaged dumbass to keep track of....

gary

dieselbeef":3edzkkcy said:
um...huh?? the owner of the calfs tried explaining that to me and i gave her the deer in the headlights look :???:
i kind a git it but its a bit much for my brain damaged dumbass to keep track of....

gary
that is why i wont buy anything but reg beefmasters.because you dont know what all is in the 1st or 2nd crosses.

well all she has in this herd is braford cows with beefmaster bulls..i guess the 3rd time it make em able to be reg cows as beefmasters then? 3/8 3/8 3/8 = reg blood?? idk?

yes an the BBU field rep has to look at an accept the 1st crosses an 2nd crosses.you can have any breed of reg cow an enroll them in the beefmaster grade up program.as long as they are bred to reg beefmaster bulls.i know the last 2yrs the BBU has been helping promote the angus breed by breeding the bulls to angus cows.why they are doing that i dont know,an i dont agree with doing that.an ive told 1 or 2 of their officers that.

why even bother to register the 3rd x? u must think that she will be a good cow or y would u hav kept her mom and grandma? papers dont make them any better and if u plan to retain her 4 your herd y bother? once they go 2 the salebarn 4 kill papers dont matter.i understand registering fullblood cattle and i have registered pieds and salers and people want the papers when they buy a bull or heifer and they pay 4 it,still kind of a pain having to send n tail hair for dna and all but at least the customer knows they r getting a fullblood animal.

piedmontese":12jkf2kz said:
why even bother to register the 3rd x? u must think that she will be a good cow or y would u hav kept her mom and grandma? papers dont make them any better and if u plan to retain her 4 your herd y bother? once they go 2 the salebarn 4 kill papers dont matter.i understand registering fullblood cattle and i have registered pieds and salers and people want the papers when they buy a bull or heifer and they pay 4 it,still kind of a pain having to send n tail hair for dna and all but at least the customer knows they r getting a fullblood animal.
i wont bother buying those cows,even though ive seen cows like that sale for $1700 to $2500.i think its done to help other breed assocs.ive got a fiend that bought a blk beefmaster reg bull.an he sold him after using him on his reg beemaster heifers because the bull looked to much like an angus.

bigbull338":4jxvz036 said:
piedmontese":4jxvz036 said:
i wont bother buying those cows,even though ive seen cows like that sale for $1700 to $2500.i think its done to help other breed assocs.ive got a fiend that bought a blk beefmaster reg bull.an he sold him after using him on his reg beemaster heifers because the bull looked to much like an angus.
id bet its done to help the use of beefmaster,, why the he#$ would the beefmaster association try to help promote angus

yeah im not gonna bother with the papers..i got em from the bull seller but not gonna bother with the heifer sales...just dont seem like its worth the trbl since i dont really sell animals unless theyre in white paper..altho it is good to know the background of the animals...but that can be had from the seller as well. i dont buy animals at the salebarn. i cull to the barn but thats only if i cant get a buyer to eat it.
i posted more to see what everyone thought of the cross and if anyone else was doing this .
thanks for all the input tho
as for the angus x...i didnt have alotta luck with that..the brafords do much better

gary

ALACOWMAN":y3hyx5fw said:
bigbull338":y3hyx5fw said:
piedmontese":y3hyx5fw said:
id bet its done to help the use of beefmaster,, why the he#$ would the beefmaster association try to help promote angus
Yeah I have wondered that also, why would you promote angus, unless you are trying to promote Beefmaster bulls, and yes alot of the blacks look like angus x's. Except for one "cassidy" he a black beefmaster for sure. And the reason for registering them is to provide data, EPD's.

Latest posts