*** Beef Complaints ***

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I went to the grocery store to get some milk and It was a group of 5 people in the line complaining about how high beef prices are and how they will only buy it when it comes on sale. Has anyone else heard that in the store? These people were mad and anyone that overheard the convo both said it was ridiculous. I overheard one lady tell another 6 bucks a lb is ridiculous.. the other lady said she only makes 9 bucks an hour and will have to eat turkey burger only if this continues..

I check out beef prices in the store regularly. Burger here is less than $4 and if you buy the bigger packages ("value pack") of the lower end steaks you can be eating steak for $6. I compare it to fish at $8 +, pork in the $4-5 range, and chicken breast at $4. It doesn't look like it is out of line with other meat. You can pay more if you want T bone or other top cuts. They will push $10. And you can buy cheaper chicken by getting whole chicken but how much of that whole chicken weight is bone, back, and other parts that don't get eaten.

skyhightree1":2cc5lk6m said:
I went to the grocery store to get some milk and It was a group of 5 people in the line complaining about how high beef prices are and how they will only buy it when it comes on sale. Has anyone else heard that in the store? These people were mad and anyone that overheard the convo both said it was ridiculous. I overheard one lady tell another 6 bucks a lb is ridiculous.. the other lady said she only makes 9 bucks an hour and will have to eat turkey burger only if this continues..
Let the by*&^* eat soy...........but smile real big when you tell her you're a beef producer. ;-)

TexasBred":1ffjaidm said:
skyhightree1":1ffjaidm said:
Let the by*&^* eat soy...........but smile real big when you tell her you're a beef producer. ;-)

:lol2: I think they would have burnt me at the STEAK... pun intended had i mentioned that :lol2:

People complain about the price of everything-----------but they keep buying it.

I would tell them they are in the minority all food has gone up its a price shock to them if they make 9$ per hour there probably on food stamps so what would it matter
Look at the steakhouse restaurants there packed everyday.
As a cattleman i not complaining because price of land is 7-10k a acre here

But spending $900 on a frickin cell phone is just fine!.. .and then paying $60/month for the plan, $40/month on cable TB, $40 on internet, $400 for car payments, $300 on insurance, $300 on gas, $1000 on rent... And most of these payments are for each person.

Price of food isn't high enough yet.. the entire tech bubble was a ride on cheap necessities.

I'll much rather pay $5/lb for beef before spinach (even though I do like spinach)

Used to hear it a lot until I did some "educating". Explained our cost of fuel, feed, mineral and everything for ranchers has gone up too. If they are complaining they do not dare do it within my hearing!
Bone in rib eye steaks were on sale at $7.99 a pound this week. 80% burger was $4.99. When it is on sale for $2.99 our cutter cannot keep it stocked. Last time it was on sale at that price he ground over 200 pounds within 2 days!

Saw grapes this year over $4.00 a pound. Lot's of fruit was so high priced we could not afford it.

Bought a little over a pound of Halloween chocolate the other day at Walmart. Came to over $8. I didn't see anyone complaining about the price of it.

People complain about the price of everything, but I do not see them stop buying. Every time I buy groceries I see price increases on many items. I looked at some muscadines from NC a week before I finally bought some. Ended up paying over $4.00 for a small carton.Then got sick and put on a soft diet for three weeks and never ate the first one. Gave them to my sister and she said they were the best ones that she had ever eaten. I bought her some more yesterday. Price doesn't matter, if we really want something. Same with beef. People will complain, but they won't stop buying it.

Williamsv":9gt7b38c said:
People complain about the price of everything, but I do not see them stop buying. Every time I buy groceries I see price increases on many items. I looked at some muscadines from NC a week before I finally bought some. Ended up paying over $4.00 for a small carton.Then got sick and put on a soft diet for three weeks and never ate the first one. Gave them to my sister and she said they were the best ones that she had ever eaten. I bought her some more yesterday. Price doesn't matter, if we really want something. Same with beef. People will complain, but they won't stop buying it.

I agree every week i go to grocery store whether to get lunch or whatever something has went up especially milk and cheese... I will pay 20 bucks a gallon for milk or block of cheese cause I love the stuff.

Latest posts