bedliner in stock trailer?

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms":2kybixzv said:
Anybody ever sprayed it on the inside of a trailer? good idea or bad let me know.

Jeff

I used a sparyon from Duplicolor. Only used it from the edge of the floor up the walls about 4 ft. and on the gate. I bought the nozzle to hook to my compressor and I sprayed it on. It's been on for 3 years now and holding up good.

The trailer was starting to rust out so I went to work on it before it got bad. I sand blasted all the rust out, used a rust converter paint, then regular paint over that and then the sprayon bed liner. Also put a new wood floor in and treated everything under it with the paint. So far I've seen no rust and the paints are holding well against the manure. On the floor I used a wire cattle panel. Best thing I've seen to keep cattle from slipping.

rmcva":jkq4tycy said:
S&S Farms":jkq4tycy said:
Anybody ever sprayed it on the inside of a trailer? good idea or bad let me know.

Jeff

I used a sparyon from Duplicolor. Only used it from the edge of the floor up the walls about 4 ft. and on the gate. I bought the nozzle to hook to my compressor and I sprayed it on. It's been on for 3 years now and holding up good.

The trailer was starting to rust out so I went to work on it before it got bad. I sand blasted all the rust out, used a rust converter paint, then regular paint over that and then the sprayon bed liner. Also put a new wood floor in and treated everything under it with the paint. So far I've seen no rust and the paints are holding well against the manure. On the floor I used a wire cattle panel. Best thing I've seen to keep cattle from slipping.

Alot of people will not load an animal,,, especially horses,,, in a trailer with a cattle pannel floor. Its hard on their feet.

Not that you may care... but just in case some one ever says something.

Brute 23":uxcp87ic said:
rmcva":uxcp87ic said:
S&S Farms":uxcp87ic said:

Alot of people will not load an animal,,, especially horses,,, in a trailer with a cattle pannel floor. Its hard on their feet.

Not that you may care... but just in case some one ever says something.

I read that on another site but was seeing a good 95% of the cattle trailers at the sale barn with them. I do have course saw dust on top of the panel. But they can still get a good footing from the panel. In other words I haven't had a cow or calf to slip since I put the panel in. I can see where an animal might get a sore foot but never had any so far. The year before I put the panel in I had a 6 weight heifer fall and hurt a front leg while unloading at the sale barn. Had to bring her back home till she was well enough to sell.

Thanks for the info.

It's hard on a shod horse if they hook the shoe and pull it off. Back before I realized it was cheaper to hire a cowboy than to try and be one, I had an old piece of carpet I would put over the panel if I was hauling a shod horse.

i've seen some trailers have sprayed it on the side from the edge of the floor up

I axed a rhino lining guy about this, and he said you're really not helping yourself unless you also spray from the bottom, to get a good seal.

Jim62":ozkx9nju said:
I axed a rhino lining guy about this, and he said you're really not helping yourself unless you also spray from the bottom, to get a good seal.

If I ran a liner business I'd say spray the entire trailer, just to get a good seal of course.... and pay for my vacation. ;-)

okwalker":307lo6qc said:
It's hard on a shod horse if they hook the shoe and pull it off. Back before I realized it was cheaper to hire a cowboy than to try and be one, I had an old piece of carpet I would put over the panel if I was hauling a shod horse.
This is a good point, had a horse pull a shoe off once. I took the panel out, screwed a few 1x4's spaced out and painted the floor with paint mixed with floor grip sand. Works well.

Latest posts