Beautiful Moose Pic From Gcreekrch

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
nzqghu.jpg

kenny thomas":1d3gkvvs said:
Probably, at least It will take the clover seed down into the soil

I top seeded pasture in some high traffic areas this afternoon. KY 31 and Ladino clover

TCRanch":3ehtf1g6 said:
Gcreekrch, how close can you get to them? Assuming this is fairly common in your neck of the woods. Magnificent animals.

At this time of year at the stackyard and during the rut maybe too close. A cow can be very protective of her offspring and those hooves are just like knives when they strike.

I have called bulls in to 15 yards for hunters several times.

They were far more common until predators got numerous as they are now. Wolves, bears and hunting to some extent have made a big dent in moose populations province wide in the last 20 years.

I have seen as many as 75 in a day years back and don't see that many individuals in a year now.

kenny thomas":36lzgd1a said:
What's all that white stuff, it's spring and grass is growing here.
What's a moose worth a pound?

Fer you Southern Boys Suh, that there white stuff is called Stockpiled Irrigation.

If yer hungry, that moose is priceless. If you have good beef, that moose is poor seconds.

gcreekrch":33f06274 said:
kenny thomas":33f06274 said:
What's all that white stuff, it's spring and grass is growing here.
What's a moose worth a pound?

Fer you Southern Boys Suh, that there white stuff is called Stockpiled Irrigation.

If yer hungry, that moose is priceless. If you have good beef, that moose is poor seconds.

Dave,

I shot Shiras Moose in Wyoming, I prefer beef but moose is not too bad. They are smaller than the Canada Moose and Much smaller than the Alaskan-Yukon moose.

Latest posts