Beautiful Calving Day (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Another day of beautiful calving weather- but darn- I'm not calving for a couple more months...46 degrees again today- but its supposed to cool down back to normal temps starting about tommorrow...

Went out today thru the cows this afternoon (remembered the camera :roll: )- they were scattered all over just soaking up the heat...Lots left the hay and went grazing...Or decided to just soak up the sun...Sure easy weather on the old girls...

CowsJan25-2007002.jpg

Yearlings and two year olds playing around the water tank....

CowsJan25-2007003.jpg

Couple of the replacement heifers checking out the chokecherry trees

CowsJan25-2007004.jpg

Either this old gal drank half the tank or its going to be twins :roll:

CowsJan25-2007005.jpg

Old girls favorite sunning spot- on the side of the manure pile....

CowsJan25-2007013.jpg

Old 835- The type cows I grew up with- only have two purebred herefords left...
CowsJan25-2007014.jpg

835's second calf heifer laying in the lot not far from Mom....

CowsJan25-2007012.jpg

A few still picking at the hay- but not very serious at it...

CowsJan25-2007016.jpg

Some of my cousins cows that must think things are greener on my side of the fence...

DOC HARRIS":6q04qnou said:
Oldtimer":6q04qnou said:
~Tomboy~":6q04qnou said:
Oldtimer,

Is that an old sickle bar mower in the backround on the second picture?

Yep- it is an old horse drawn one...
I still have marks on my rump from those old hot iron seats!!

DOC HARRIS

Yep- me too..I only wish I was still agile enough to ride one of those mankillers....When the price of gas was about $4 I was thinking of oiling it up and using it....

if your cattle are like mine oldtimer they wait till the worst time to calve . to heck with the fair weather lets make it as aggrevating as possible ;-)

ALACOWMAN":1g1cmua0 said:
if your cattle are like mine oldtimer they wait till the worst time to calve . to heck with the fair weather lets make it as aggrevating as possible ;-)
Ours too. We had one calve while we were getting the residual of Katrina. As I went in side to write it down I had to look up her reg name. I was......PNJ Katrina :shock: I thought that was kinda freaky

*Cowgirl*":2iu73c3w said:
ALACOWMAN":2iu73c3w said:
Ours too. We had one calve while we were getting the residual of Katrina. As I went in side to write it down I had to look up her reg name. I was......PNJ Katrina :shock: I thought that was kinda freaky

Yep- and I am glad today we aren't calving...40-50 mph winds and temp is dropping fast...Weather boys say it could be 5 Below tonite- Normal Montana weather :roll: :lol: 50 above one day- 50 below the next...

I just hope we don't get all the nice stuff now- and have a stormy cold March and April when I am calving......

Latest posts