Be careful with those guns.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Agree with the "Darwin will weed them out". Not much sympathy... there are consequences for actions... we coddle too many with "mental problems"...the ones that won't "grow up" and want to be taken care of.... no one seems to take responsibility for their actions... this solved that problem for him,.... but I have to agree that it will just fuel the anti-gun bunch...

That's terrible. It also gives more ammo to the anti gun crowd. Teach your kids & grandkids gun safety you never know what they're watching these days.
Very sad. I believe there was a incident like this when I was young. A kid wanted to show a friend or sibling the gun his dad let him shoot. One of the kids died. I remember getting several talks about it. That was about the time guns started coming with safety devices like trigger locks.

Then there are little kids that get hold of relatives loaded guns and shoot themselves or others. That is truly heartbreaking.
It is how they are raised!
Grew up in a house and firearms were never locked up!
I raised five and they were never locked up! Firearm locked up is useless a shotgun unloaded is a stick a pistol a rock.
You were taught firearms were a tool to be respected.
Could use one anytime with permission, without get a mud hole stomped in your ass.
I was roaming the woods at 7 with a semiautomatic 22 . They put you in jail for that today.
Firearms aren't killing our youth lack of proper parenting, morals and drugs are.

Most kids today the definition of mass confusion would Father's Day.

It is how they are raised!
Grew up in a house and firearms were never locked up!
I raised five and they were never locked up! Firearm locked up is useless a shotgun unloaded is a stick a pistol a rock.
You were taught firearms were a tool to be respected.
Could use one anytime with permission, without get a mud hole stomped in your ass.
I was roaming the woods at 7 with a semiautomatic 22 . They put you in jail for that today.
Firearms aren't killing our youth lack of proper parenting, morals and drugs are.

Most kids today the definition of mass confusion would Father's Day.
Those are facts. We did the same with our kids. Unfortunately, not all parents are responsible. My husband and I used to be Hunter Education instructors in New Mexico and all kids under the age of 18 were required to take the class before they could get a hunting license. Part of the teaching we did was gun safety. You'd be surprised how many kids would rat out their parents in class about all the bad habits, they had already been taught. I wish all kids had to go through that course, not just kids that would be hunting. At least they would get a little bit of education on how to handle guns and the dangers of what can happen if you're goofing off and not being safe.

Those are facts. We did the same with our kids. Unfortunately, not all parents are responsible. My husband and I used to be Hunter Education instructors in New Mexico and all kids under the age of 18 were required to take the class before they could get a hunting license. Part of the teaching we did was gun safety. You'd be surprised how many kids would rat out their parents in class about all the bad habits, they had already been taught. I wish all kids had to go through that course, not just kids that would be hunting. At least they would get a little bit of education on how to handle guns and the dangers of what can happen if you're goofing off and not being safe.
This video below is a little bit long, approximately 15 minutes, but we always showed this video at the end of every hunter ed class. It's obviously geared towards younger children, but we always felt like it drilled in the importance of gun safety. The room was always silent when the video ended. Some of the kids even had tears in their eyes, especially when they realized it was based on a true story. We always wanted the kids to have fun and enjoy their time in the class, but we wanted them to understand how serious it was and how all of the instructions they had just learned needed to be followed because it could be a matter of life and death.

Latest posts