BBQ

Help Support CattleToday:

Coopers in Llano is opening up here soon. Franklins was voted best Barbq in America last year. I like Smitty's in Lockhart.

It's a big state and different flavors depending on the area you're in. Only BBQ in Austin I've eaten was at the Iron Works. Don't know how it became popular but the three meat plate I had was not good at all.

Austin is weird and probably will remain so. They tend to put too much crappy sauce on their meat--masks the taste.

There's a place in Taylor I like, but I forget the name of it. Taylor isn't too far from Austin.

Been to a place in Llano. Flew in to the airport they picked us up. Best I've ever had. It was 2 years ago and I can't remember the name. I was sober
Next best place I ever had BBQ was in Fredericksburg Tx, again I can't recall the name. That was also 2 years ago, and again I was sotally tober.
Next best place was in Bandera TX. It could have been the best BBQ ever. That was 25 years ago and I made Cooter Brown look like an elderly deacon who's wife kept a rollin pin in her purse. For some reason I don't recall the name of the BBQ joint, but it was a dam good outdoor concert and Stevie Ray was there.
My experience is this, BBQ is like chili; it's different everywhere you go, but that TX hill country has always been the best IMO

I've realized that after bbqing for the last 5yrs and critiquing my own bbq it's hard to find something else that can compete. But I do wanna try Franklins

nobull82":1kxkfsa7 said:
I've realized that after bbqing for the last 5yrs and critiquing my own bbq it's hard to find something else that can compete. But I do wanna try Franklins
You just need to eat a turd and get that taste out of your mouth then come get some real BBQ. :mrgreen:

Latest posts